• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The offical GA SS Rally Multimedia and BS thread.......

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Jeep

Clinto, I think your planning of next year's event deserves it's own thread. There might be alot of input lost in a thread thats already 5 pages long.

JohnnyReb

I do some trail riding in my area (NE GA). There are some trails alittle rougher and include fording streams; however, most of them have low branches and/or too narrow for the deuce.

The best trail close the campsite is (was) Bean Creek. It has a big mud hole if you are interested..... the main trail is not much more than a gravel road....but, there are side trails that have ruts to swallow a jeep!
Problem: some hoodlums got wild, had a shoot-out and burned a vehicle (why wasn't I invited??) so a local government put a gate across both ends. I may be able to work a deal with the govt to let me use the area for a rally. It is about 1/2 mile south of Helen, GA.
I would want an organizer (clinto, etc.) to maybe view the trail one weekend with me to see if it is worth the trouble to "book" it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree another thread would be good. Also, near Helen would be a plus. I thought it was a great site! :wink:

alphadeltaromeo

I'd agree there...it was a beautiful site...if not there, something very similar. The trail ride was very enjoyable, but something similar would work for me too :)

dc3coyote

A hoow to dection for moonshine would not be a bad idea.
Remember you should call it ethanol. The ATF will even give you a permit, and you can get special tax Breaks for making it.
"So let me get this right I can make legal moonshine I mean ethanol, and get a tax break."
The only stipulation I have found so far is it has to be over 95%.
By the way my neighborhood association crapped a diamond turd when I started building my still.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My buddy Dave forwarded me a ton of pictures that I didn't even realize he had taken, so I am adding them to the places they belong. He took some pics of the '07 event and now they are here for everyone to enjoy.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HA ha. I see Amy's mule, and we were not there!

Who's is the other mule, is that Squirttrucks? (no coveralls!)

I have not see any Pinzgauers at the last 2 Ga rallies, wonder why they haven't returned.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Pinz owners are from FL. Despite the best efforts we have given, we can't get the GA folks to visit our rally here in FL (with the exception of Lloyd and Deanna) so we ordered the Pinz owners to boycot the GA event! LOL (wanna buy ocean front property in Kansas)?

poppop

Kenny, that order may get over ridden next year. John, the vendor that rode with me on the trails this year was so excited he thought the group he belongs to will be there in force next year. Most of them are from Fl I believe. His comment was my friends think they have been trail riding before, they ain`t been on no stinking trail ride, THIS is a trailride!!!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Lloyd, I was standing beside the trail on that muddy "stepped" hill climb at the '09 Rally when you were driving up with John in the passenger seat...I can see why he would say that. Especially riding with you :razz:...you were giving that hill some serious he!!.

poppop

Thanks Tom

When we got to the top John.s first comment was MAN, what did you do when you were younger, ride Bulls.:-D He then said he could understand why my Wife refuses to ride with me anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks