• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CB radio in a Deuce

baja_power

Our Duce came with the <SPAN class=pagetitle>ANTENNA BASE MX6707 If we were to intall a CB radio in the truck , could we use this base? also, we need the antenna to go on the base. anyone know what antenna fits this base?

Longhunter7

Baja Power,

The AS-1729 antenna is what is used on the MX-6707 base!

The AS-1730 is the lower section and the AT-1095 is the upper section, which makes up the AS-1729 antenna. :cool:

It is not set up for CB use, so you will have to modify it. :nono:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The As-1729 is like 10 feet high, you can't drive with it unless it's tied down. I tried to adjust it for CB, but the best I could get was a SWR of about 2:1. Not good! I now use a regular CB antenna. Keep in mind that a large SWR can damage your CB radio.

Lee Alessi

cranetruck said:
The As-1729 is like 10 feet high, you can't drive with it unless it's tied down. I tried to adjust it for CB, but the best I could get was a SWR of about 2:1. Not good! I now use a regular CB antenna. Keep in mind that a large SWR can damage your CB radio.
very good points. on my m715, after cutting the antenna i can run on the interstate and ive never hit anything, not street lights or anything. the interstate, and all state roads are required to maintain a 14' clearance. so you cut the antenna to 102" then add the 6" spring to that and that gives you 108". 108/12 = 9'. so then you con mount the base at 4.5' above the ground on the deuce. ill probably mount mine to the cab if possible and maybe under or around the slave plug. at 13.5' that will give you at least a 6" margin of error.

take the bottom of the 6707 base apart. pull ALL of the "guts" out. run a single wire from the BNC connector on the bottom to the center post at the base of the spring. get a cb cable to bnc connector adapter and you are done. the housing apparently "mutes" that part of the wire and i get about 1.1 on my swr's. ive had no problems and have been running it for a while. ymmv and PLEASE check your swr's

ill post up when i get a chance to mount it.

40grit

I got the set form the place Mcinfantry posted, it came in a real nice used condition canvas rollup with the MX6707 base and 2 sections of fiberglass, but also 3 top sections made all of copper with an about 1" ring on top, any body got any idea what they are for?

Armada

Dunno, but I got the same thing too. The kit was supposedly used but it saw very little use, if any.
Was wondering about the 3 sections with the rings also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks