• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Obvious differences between engines

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 76 has a white engine in it. Tag on it says it's a 73 engine and it has a 77mm stroke. My 70 has a Hercules engine in it build tag says 10-91 with a 74mm stroke. I'm wondering if the cranks are different or a misprint. The 76 will whip the 70s rear end but the fdc isn't bypassed yet. Fuel screws are close to being the same. Both have been cranked up. The 76 will pull a hill only dropping one gear with 5 ton of gravel in the bed. The 70 I have to downshift 2 gears on the same hill empty. Any insight would be appreciated.
The engines would need to be set up as identically as possible before making a comparison.

FDC bypassed = fuel turned up.

Fuel settings alone have a huge impact on how peppy the truck feels, and some impact on actual performance.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bypassing the fdc is on my list of things to do. Today I worked on getting the water pump out without pulling the radiator. The belts were all cracked up so I went to the parts store. I love it when they say what can I help you with? I giggle and say its not in your computer but they try anyway. It was almost 7 and napa was closed. They still have books. Guy at Advance just looked at me weird when I asked if they had a belt measuring tool but I thought with the numbers being 390 that they were 39 inch belts. I had to show them how to use it. Will go to napa on my next day off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks