• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A neglected v 100

plasmacutter

Well I found some time this week to work on the V, I started by disassembling the leaf springs to be sandblasted and sized for some new bushings, I threw the drums and hubs in (the last of anything big to be blasted)

next I mounted my engine that came from a 113 to my run stand, I am going to use my V's wiring harness to run the engine while testing the dash and circuits.

I replaced the rusted starter ring on the flywheel , and spun some new bushings for the shackles, next on the list machine some pins to replace the worn ones from the suspension,

nothing exciting but the necessary work involved in making the truck go down the road straight and handle well, I'm hoping to get the bottom painted this weekend and rears under by next week

Attachments

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
****, I wish I lived next to you, we'd have fun with the two Vs.

Looks like they might settle on the lawsuit, should know in the next 20 days.

Jason

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not know the V100/Early M113 used the same engine, but it makes sense.
The engine was a standard Army one, designated by them as the M75. The fact that it was currently in use in the gasoline powered M113s was one reason Cad-Gage chose it for the V.

Cheers

plasmacutter

I have been gathering parts, you guys know all the little details.

I blasted The drums, hubs flywheel coated with epoxy and cut them, I installed
the clutch and trans on my engine run stand and am about ready to run the engine this week.
I blasted the leaf springs, shock mounts, u bolts, and am machining the pins and bushings for them,

I will take pictures this week of the progress, I just realized that I am missing a water pump pulley, the engine came with a single belt and I need a duel
any ideas?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know every one of us gets a restoration job at points in our life ME INCLUDED! and I like everybody else thinks its the coolest thing on wheels but in your case I really think its TRUE! I have never driven a V but have always admired from afar, so to speak, you have a lot of work but you continue as you are and your going to have a piece of wheeled armor to sure be proud of!
Wonderful find
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks