• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Diverter Difference

RaggedyMan

Diverter2.JPGDiverter1.JPG

i jumped over here to the M151 site to ask you guys a question I've been unable to find the answer to myself. Are the above diverters used together or are they for different applications? I have the blower/core assembly and I have recently ordered the diverter pictured on the left but I really have no firm idea yet how I'll set it up in my deuce. So far my plan is to connect the blower to the diverter on the left (as I saw pictured somewhere) but maybe the other diverter would work better only I haven't seen how that one is connected. Any pics out there of how these diverters are applied or anybody put one of these heaters in a deuce? I've asked in the deuce forum but apparently it's never been done (I'm sure it has but no one has spoke up).

FilBonica

The smaller one is mounted on the steering column.
the larger one is attached to the heater box on the passenger side.
b
BTW many fond memories of Lynchburg for my time with GE.

Fil Bonica

RaggedyMan

They are both used in the M151, heater installation is in the TM manual, you can download it over on the G838 site. Hambone
Until you posted this I had no idea the installation would be in the TM's. I assumed (yes I know and it happened in this instance) they were for maintenance, repairs and owner handbook type of reading. For whatever reason it's just so hard for me to read those things on computer without flipping real pages back & forth and as I get aggravated when the pages fly by so fast I loose track of what page I'm on I get frustrated and quit. But I did find what I was looking for, thank you.

The smaller one is mounted on the steering column.
the larger one is attached to the heater box on the passenger side.
b
BTW many fond memories of Lynchburg for my time with GE.

Fil Bonica
That's the info I was looking for and I did finally figure it out looking through the TM's but as I mentioned, I find it difficult to read them off of a computer w/o losing my place. I'm thinking of going w/o the driver side diverter and just run both ducts to the defrosters, that's the main reason I want a heater anyway.

My parents transferred from York, Pa with G.E. in the late 50's. My dad was offered an early retirement deal long before they closed shop for good and took it. Don't know how long you've been gone but if it was any length of time you wouldn't know this area now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks