• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7th times the charm?

Vintage iron

well, I hope the third time is a charm with this truck. I am the third owner and The truck is No 450HP rocket ship. The whole truck will need to be double checked but there already huge issues. The stacks looked cool but they almost killed me driving home. we had to cover over the holes so the exhaust would go out the top and not into the cab windows. The engine is not running strong at all. We found the the lift pump was sucking air and some put in a tiny inline fuel pump that was restricting the fuel flow. I think the timing has slipped because the truck has less power then stock now. No worries, I fix problems for a living and have build semi trucks from bare frame rails before. She is in good hands Now and I am reading through all the post on this truck so I can try to wrap my head around what was done. Wish me luck

Outpost603

Just another reminder to me never to trust anything anyone says if you’re unfamiliar with a purchase.

Vintage Iron is a genuine good guy. While pissed at someone for being a pretender I’m glad I learned a lesson and know this guy will get the truck to where it needs to be.

once my shop is finished I know who I will and won’t be reaching out to when I jump back into the hobby.

Last edited:

Outpost603

My apologies. I should only be pissed at myself and nobody else for jumping head first into a hobby I knew nothing about. I should not be pissed at Grendel regardless of how I feel. That was wrong and immature of me.

Vintage iron

outpost I will keep everyone up to date on the progress. All in all it is a good truck, but that last 10% in build process is the hardest. If you get back into the hobby please, let me or Chris know. We can point you in the right direction.

Last edited:

Lukes_deuce

outpost I will keep everyone up to date on the progress. All in all it is a good truck, but that last 10% in build process is the hardest. If you get back into the hobby please, let me or Chris know. We can point you in the right direction.
Good to see you picked her up and will finish it the right way. I know you will do a great job!

Vintage iron

thank you for the words of confidence guys. I am working on finish some customer's projects before the holidays so I am not sure how much I will get done this year, but I already am working out some kinks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks