• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7th times the charm?

74M35A2

So I'm assuming my stock military alternator is fixed voltage? I was thinking 26.8 was a little low if it is fixed voltage? It's already 90° here and I did not run the old enough to get any real heat off the engine.
Yes, meaning it is not temperature compensated. The common old stock 60 amp military alternators are manually adjustable though. Don't go higher than 28.8v or you will be boiling acid. Go lower in hotter climates. Anything over 25.6v is charging. 26.8v is fine, it is working.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think the first part of the thread title applies any more. Moving along at a pretty good clip now.

When is the wrecker part taking place?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gotcha. I just noticed updates were speratic, then they started to be daily. A gin pole rig would be nice too. I just like seeing things that are unique. I also like piecing things together to make what I want. The end result will be impressive for sure. Let me know on the switch.

74M35A2

Not very hard to cut in front of somebody that is asleep at the wheel....

ICEBERG - DEAD AHEAD !!! Your 8 minute later post could have saved thousands of lives.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks