• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Light Green Camo Paint Needed FS 34151

chillydog

Hello! I'm trying to find a gallon of original Army camouflage paint, lusterless enamel, Light Green 34151.

Anybody have any or know who might?

Thanks!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Original stuff is going to be expensive. The BEHR house paint (and there are several threads on that subject) can be mixed to that color (34151) and costs about $29 a gallon, plus any tax, but without a shipping charge.

Matthew Gravley

His product is GCI (Gillespie Coatings, Inc) and he also sells Rapco spray touch up cans. He is in Chicamauga, GA. Shipping is $16.99 per gallon. Here is a link to one of his listings:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ue413

I have seen the posts on the behr (and how happy folks have been happy with it), but it is nice to have good options.

The stuff on @-bay looks faded in his paint photo.

Matthew Gravley

I have seen the posts on the behr (and how happy folks have been happy with it), but it is nice to have good options.

The stuff on @-bay looks faded in his paint photo.
The link was for a desert tan. I just included the link for contact information. He has various shades of green for various years' service vehicles and equipment.

chillydog

The link was for a desert tan. I just included the link for contact information. He has various shades of green for various years' service vehicles and equipment.
Thanks for the replies!
I'll check out Ebay and try to find the guy selling the paint. By far, I think Gillespie makes the best military enamel paints. I have used many, many gallons of WW2 33070 over the years. It goes on well, dries nicely, resists wear, and generally holds up well. It has good "body" to it, unlike competing brands, which to me seem watery(thin) and fade.

BUT, Rapco does not stock the light green paint, because of Gillespie's minimum order is 55 gallons of a particular shade. I'm restoring a 1977 Dodge M886 ambulance, and I will be painting it in it's original 4 color camouflage scheme. In my area, I fondly remember all the army tactical vehicles were painted Forest Green, Light Green, Sand, and Black. One can substitute Field Drab for the Light Green, Gillespie makes it for Rapco, BUT, to me it would look kind of garish on a boxy truck like the ambulance(besides- mine was originally painted in the forest green/ light green/ sand/ black scheme.) Question-
Is the Behr paint latex or enamel?

Thanks!
Chilly

PS- Maybe I should buy 256 half-ounce bottles of Light Green Testor model paint and dump it in a gallon can??? LOL just kidding!!!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
20151210_163552.jpg
This is Behr 24087, but flat instead of semi-gloss. sprayed just a few months ago (needs at least another coat for me to be happy, got some scuffs and spots that I'd like to firm out before I finish off the MERDEC in the spring).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks