• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

On the road between Summerton and Rimini...

ProximityX

You titled this thread "On the road...."

Don't you mean "In a river..."

Funny. Well, the MV was definitely in the river but my buddy was on the road between those 2 cities. Knowing my buddy, he probably bypassed a roadblock or two just to arrive at this scene.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the NCNG was on a aid mission of some type due to the Joaquin wash, and vehicle operator saw the bridge out in the last second, and took her to the ditch to avoid something worse. See the skid marks? What is that on the flatrack?

TB58

NDT, that sounds like a good guess.
A guy I work with was coming back from Savannah yesterday and he almost got stuck in SC. He ended up helping pull a guy out of his truck that got washed off the road. Had to back track quite a few times but eventually found a route he could get through. Looks like we got really lucky here in Fayetteville, not near as much rain or wind as was predicted.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the NCNG was on a aid mission of some type due to the Joaquin wash, and vehicle operator saw the bridge out in the last second, and took her to the ditch to avoid something worse. See the skid marks? What is that on the flatrack?
This seems most likely. Cudos to the alert driver who left an exit plan. I'd call this a win.

The thing on the flatrack looks like a hopper to fill sand bags.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Thanks for posting those pictures! I'll bet that truck shows up on GovPlanet with the words," Ran when parked, steering needs slight alignment & new seatcovers for the drivers side!" :roll:

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first thoughts were that the driver saw the bridge out, thought he go go off the embankment and ford the river, but got in over his head when he hit the water's edge. Going back and looking at the pics, you may be right.

The load he was carrying kind of looks like some sort of sandbag filling equipment.

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

Maybe he was running from is CO (commanding officer) his CW(current wife) and GS (girl on the side) and decided that the water was deep enough for them to A stop their chase or B suicide.
Anyway hope nobody was hurt.

ProximityX

That's funny CUCVLOVER. The state trooper that was following behind asked him what happened. The MV driver said, "Officer, last week my wife ran off with a state trooper. I thought for sure it was that trooper behind me trying to give her back."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks