• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Adapter Plates for M35A2

50BMG

Thanks for the input,but now I'm totally cofused. I have a set of map wheels with adapter, but would like to run 22.5 tubeless super singles.I'm curtly building a g 506 that has the same lug pattern as the duece,so I can switch wheels back and forth,ehich ever works or looks the best.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the input,but now I'm totally cofused. I have a set of map wheels with adapter, but would like to run 22.5 tubeless super singles.I'm curtly building a g 506 that has the same lug pattern as the duece,so I can switch wheels back and forth,ehich ever works or looks the best.
There are two different types of 22.5 wheels. Standard 22.5x 8.25 inch like an 11R22.5 would.fit on. or a super single 22.5 which is 12.25in wide which is what a 385 or 425 or 445/65/22.5 would fit on. These are wide commercial tires. There are not many aggressive treads in those
385 425 445 sizes however there is Michelin XZLs in 425 65 22.5.

Accuride makes a 22.5 inch tubeless wheel for the Rockwell 6 lug but it is in steel only and your other post said you wanted aluminum wheels.so I did not mention them. They used to come on a school bus

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw a set of 6 plates on evil bay today, but at double the price they usually go for. Keep in mind, the hardware connecting the adapter plates to the mrap wheels is another couple of hundred. Unless you got the wheels for free, maybe just spend a little more and buy 6 lug wheels.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw a set of 6 plates on evil bay today, but at double the price they usually go for.
Yea, saw those too. Couldn't hurt to send them a PM with a lower offer if someone is interested in them.

Right now this interests me in passing only, but I'm trying to keep up with this for future reference.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone needing hardware check with the gals at Affordable Fastener, they have tons of this big hardware in stock, and just about any length or grade you can imagine. I went about as expensive as you can get with the 3-1/4” grade 8, and grade 8 Nylocs. IMG_6985.jpgNote this is for just one axle, and not sure how they are on shipping, but think it was well under 1/2 the cost if I would have went with 2” long grade 2, and grade 2 distorted thread lock nuts.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone needing hardware check with the gals at Affordable Fastener, they have tons of this big hardware in stock, and just about any length or grade you can imagine. I went about as expensive as you can get with the 3-1/4” grade 8, and grade 8 Nylocs. View attachment 767961Note this is for just one axle, and not sure how they are on shipping, but think it was well under 1/2 the cost if I would have went with 2” long grade 2, and grade 2 distorted thread lock nuts.
My understanding is the hardware that fastens the adapter to the wheels, even in grade 5, is stronger than the wheelstuds fastening the wheel to the truck.

It is also my understanding that grade 8 fails by snapping, whereas grade 5 will distort and bend prior to breaking.

This may be one of those rare instances where grade 5 is a better choice.

(I've never encountered any broken hardware fastening the adapter plates to the wheels, so I strongly suspect any choice is fine)

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I believe you are correct but I cant remember who or where the calculations where posted. I also suspect with the bigger bolt circle there is also a lot less leverage on the adapter bolts than the studs and the studs would likely fail even before grade 2 adapter hardware would. The reasons I bought what I did was mostly trivial due to my OCD acting up while I was in the store I’m not positive but I believe the only deal mainly with US made hardware as well

Last edited:

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought the hardware the seller (at the time) recommended. It was pretty high grade stuff, but since it was my life I figured it was worth the cost. It pays to hunt around - I got the bolts from an outfit in MA called Tri-State Fasteners (their prices were the lowest then I got a volume discount and shipping was also good even across the country. Then most of the nyloks from Amazon (saved money due to an algorithm) and the rest through a local hardware store special order. All told, it was $230 for the hardware for 6 wheels.

I should've bought enough for a 7th for a spare. I will probably buy one of the 6 lugs wheels sold by Eastern Surplus (I think) if I don't come across an A3 or LMVW (or whatever that Canadian truck is called).

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These showed up on a web search while looking for something else and thought I'd post here.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://store.dodgeoffroad.com/MRAP-Wheel-Adapter-Plate_p_294.html

They look like they'd work, pretty **** expensive though. Still, if you're determined to go this route which I don't think is really a good choice anymore (economically).
[/FONT]

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's another thread with more drawings. I used some of these when I had my custom wheels drilled, they came out perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks