• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923: mudding or not?

aleigh

I literally have actual nightmares about this. If I ever stick the M1078 I am pretty sure all my friends with all their little civilian trucks pulling like reindeer still won't get it out. "How many Jeeps does it take to..."

71DeuceAK

Oh, did they provide these pictures? What's the backstory? (Intentionally "finding" "problems" or just sinking into a soft spot in the backyard or something? rofl

WV New Guy

No one of his buddies had posted this in his on line vehicle review . Some kinda real deal report had I saw this and the other pics before I got it I probably would've passed but so far so good.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If memory serves me, it took a couple mins of prodding to get him to try the trail. He had a big grin on his face, till we found an air line had ruptured.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me tell you what it took to get me out.
1 International Scout
1 Chevy 2500
1 Ford F250
1 Land Cruiser
2 snatch blocks
1 winch on my truck
1 winch from the Land Cruiser
The other vehicles dug themselves in as anchors as I winched in gave it a little bit of gas to move forward then winch in again and repeat until I was out. When I finally got out I was so happy that I bought a winch truck and that those guys helped me to get out of that mess. Now if I want to go in the mud I make sure to have a few friends that have big trucks too.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you really feel the need to look for a place to intentionally bury a 5 ton, you wont have to look very hard, you only need a good puddle with a soft bottom and its taken care of. You will need a winch of appropriate size and something way bigger and extremely solid to hook the winch to then you may get out. It times like this where it teaches you real fast its NOT the guy with the biggest truck who wins!
Good luck and take pics
KK

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate the folks with enough fortitude to try this stuff so thanks to all the dirty mudders.

It took 3 tries and finally 100,000 lbs of anchor trucks to unshtick a schtuck Sean after he did this. How many trucks would a schtuck sean stuck if a schtuck sean could stuck trucks. Old camera warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqC9M1W6VOs

This happened first and is an easier way to get dirty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGHxNGCPEYE

lindsey97

Haven't stuck mine yet. Did go thru 6 feet of water last year and successfully rescued 2 dogs for a neighbor.

I wish everyone in this thread would PM 98G and ask him how many M923 it takes to recover a 19k lb. Deere 455G crawler loader from a mudhole. And be sure to ask how many times he got stuck. However we did determine that it is darn near impossible to break HEMTT wrecker chains........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks