• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LVS info? Focused on the MK-48 and it's RBUs.

Excuse Me

Hi all. I found while searching here, that most threads about the LVS system were posted here in 5 ton and up. So I hope it's ok to ask another question about them?
I did find a very detailed spec page listed here back in 2008 I think it was, for the MK48. It gave the axle brand as Eaton and the model type as DS580p and RS 580 on the RBU. Does that sound right? I'd like to the find the gearing ratio if I can for the MK14.

Thanks.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I *think* the LVS axle ratio is 5.43:1, but I can't find anything right now to corroborate that.

Excuse Me

Do the TMs have gear ratios? I always thought they were what the civilian world called a "service manual", more so than a specification and capacity manual. But I'll figure out how to work thru one if I find the right one.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will bump this. The axle ratio are 5.57 per the part number for the ring and pinions being a Dana #[FONT=&quot]120647.
[/FONT]

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Anyone know on the rear axles if only the #3 axle has a locker or if both have a locker? I see the inter axle lock on the outside of the diff and the front lock for the diff on the front tandem housing but what about the rear axle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks