• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S250g camp/hunt shelter build out...

10Lugger

We scored a S250g with heater out of PA with no signs of use. We brought it back home to convert it into a camper. Dimensions fit a 2012 F250 short bed for use. We have been documenting with pictures, figure we would share as we go.

IMG_0927.jpgShelter front right.jpg

10Lugger

Very cool. Been looking for one for a long time. Have a bare 101A3 frame begging for one of these. What did you pay for it?
It was around $750 before fees.

Are you planning on attaching ducting to the heater since it is in the cabinet now?

Yes, I will pan that section. I will remove the heater completely first though to confirm that it is indirect sealed flame unit. It is a multi fuel unit 15,000 btu that seems a bit much. I have to do a lot more research on that portion of the project then anything else.

Bert
Super nice start.
Thanks

10Lugger

Table with fold under wings that span over to wheel well sections. KIMG0176 (2).jpg

Table unfolded. Cabinet in the bottom front of the unit supports the front side of the bed and a 1" steel rod supports the rear side of the bed.
KIMG0002 (3).jpg

derpschitz

Do you have any measurements on the bottom/base part of it? I've got various trailer chassis sitting around wondering if it will fit any of them. Can't find any specs online of the base, just the overall size. Looks like it fits well in an 1101/2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks