• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jack's Govt. Surplus

gunhog11

Tucson, AZ. Anyone got good info? Tons of trucks/parts, of all kinds.

Mike
Hi. My name is Mike from AZ; southern AZ mainly. But since I live in AZ and work in NM, I show both in the profile. Very nice site, and glad to be here!

gunhog11

Well, checked the place out. LOTS of stuff, and the guy wants to sell whole vehicles. He gives them a thorough checkout including repaint and cab canvas. Sample prices as follows:

M35s (tons of them): $7500

M54/813: $12,000

M123 (3 of them that I could see): $14,000

M1008/1009: $7500

M151A2s, non-cut bodies that he acquired from the Mexican military, complete restore: $7500

Overdrive

I can vouch for him just wanting to sell complete vehicles. I tried to get a rear 1009 bumper from him but no dice. They have like 50 of them but only seem to want to sell complete trucks.

colyork

even though you couldn't get the part you needed,wouldn't you rather see whole trucks being sold instead parts only? I know I would even though I have to look for the parts somewhere else.

Overdrive

Yea, I guess seeing the trucks sold as complete units is a "good" thing. Just frustrating for me trying to track down parts.

I guess my irritation came from them having me call back about 5 times before they said they wouldn't part anything out.

I think my Burb, once it's done, will be a tasteful tribute to the CUCV. I drove many of them while I was in the Army. I will get some pics going once I get the front bumper and guard on. I am picking them up from the powder coater this morning.

Website Question Response: I didn't find a website for them but they were listed in the phonebook.

Thanks!

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have known Jack Martin for many years. He will not make you a deal in any shape or form. He has absolutely no interest in dealing with MV collectors. He seems to delight in raising the price in proportion to your need, then refusing to sell it at all in the end.

Stop in if you wish, but be prepared to leave dissatisfied and with no parts.

I'd drive a little further Southwest to Yuma and check things out. There are 3 dealers with goods and better prices.

ddg

gmcjimmy1944

I've talked to Jack and had him take pictures of some cckws and m5h6s that he has. I was very interested until he quoated me prices! Way to high on his unrestored vehicles.

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks