• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Vehicles

emr

At the NJ show we had 2 in service vehicles, the one was an LHS Load handling system with a Humvee hanging off the back suspended in air on the flat rack, My buddy is a show off, and man that was cool, They are zero rebuild Hemmets into LHS's we wanted but did not get an PLS a 5 axle hemmit type truck similer just bigger to have a comparison, thats a Paletized load system, both are up to date fast load and unload systems , drop a flat rack or box, pick one up and run, the Armoured Vehicle exscapes me now, but its the ol' Caddy Cage look alike , but the windshields on that are small, the windshields are big on the other two, but they are not armoured and do not need to be, , with that said there are those in theater that are armoured. :beer:

sandcobra164

We're talking MRAP's again!!!!!!! The Buffalo so far is the safest. I've seen plenty of them in bad shape on the outside but none that looked too bad on the inside. We've gotten quite a few Cougars that seemed to have faired fairly well. As for my previous comments on the Caiman, the class behind me rolled it leading to 8 soldiers being hospitalized, 2 of which will be early retired. I waited 2 months to post that last sentence so it's probably public info by now.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're talking MRAP's again!!!!!!! The Buffalo so far is the safest. I've seen plenty of them in bad shape on the outside but none that looked too bad on the inside. We've gotten quite a few Cougars that seemed to have faired fairly well. As for my previous comments on the Caiman, the class behind me rolled it leading to 8 soldiers being hospitalized, 2 of which will be early retired. I waited 2 months to post that last sentence so it's probably public info by now.
The Buffalo's are specialty vehicles, so most guys won't get to be in one. Out of curiosity, did everyone have their safety belts on in the Caiman? The MaxxPros seem to have a lot of stuff inside to get hurt.

mjw4669

every MRAP is pretty compact inside and full of gear. If you flop any of these trucks chances are you're going to have stuff flying around inside. We're supposed to have everything strapped down, but realistically there is always going to be loose stuff inside the cabin on a long trip.

the M-ATV is the most fun of them all to drive hard. The buffalo has all kinds of room inside and seem to be one of the safest vehicles when it comes to taking a blast. The husky's take a blast like it's their jobs... mainly because that IS their jobs

>SSG Williams<

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks