• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Critique possible new 151A1 for a Mutt newby?

nattieleather

Someone did some body work on the passenger side front fender. Definitely an A1 body. I wouldn't give to much credence into the title saying it's a 62 instead of a 67. Many M151s when they got a title got what ever year the person titling it said it was. I know of at least 2 dozen M151s out there that started in Ohio that the builder who welded them back together picked to title them as. That gentleman has long since passed to a better place but I know he did that cause I saw him do it with my own two eyes. So year on a title don't mean anything.

2deuce

When I got mine I thought it was a 64 a1 but the Budd tag says it's a 67 a1. And I don't know where they got the serial # for the data plate. It was made up too. It is on the title so that's what I care about.

Bryan 45

My M151A1 is 2N9283, BUDD SN# 52749, engine SN67766, all believed to be correct. (Dare I say original?) Just some numbers to compare to yours.

Based on the difference between my BUDD tag and yours, your engine serial number is close enough to be correct also. The contract number is a little different than mine, but perhaps that's only because it's earlier.

Just using round math and the BUDD number, your original serial number would have been around 2L 9616.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks