• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv upgrades.

86m1028

A couple of useful upgrades include:
-Complete oil change and changing all of the filters
-Put some Sea foam in your gas and oil if the trucks been sitting for over 15 years
-Check your states rules on tint. In Texas, any car made before 1991 can have tint as dark as they want. Tint will greatly lower how hot your CUCV will get in summer
-Air conditioning is a wonderful upgrade for hotter climates. Nostalgic AC Parts makes vehicle specific units that include everything you need for cool air.
-Reupholstering the seats if necessary
-Installing a rubber mat on the floor
-A stereo and speaker is a nice way to not hear the screaming of your diesel engine in a not-so-soundproof cab.
-Installing gauges in place of simple lights helps you know specifics about your vehicle's performance
-Vehicle stencils help give your truck a truly military look (ex. "FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY" "DIESEL FUEL ONLY" "TP-45")
-Installing a transmission with overdrive is a great way to maintain highway speeds and not run your truck so hot
Would love to see where this tint rule is listed ?
I will print it out & carry it with me to show the local Pd.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks