• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual fuel tank install

Modiconman

Rusty,
Thanks again for the useful information!
I have a few more questions, if you have the time:
Do you have any manufacturer or part number info for the one-way vales and the 3-way valve that you used?
Also, i see that you used a low pressure gauge on each of your tanks. Do you have any info on those?
Thanks again for the great info!
Modiconman

rustystud

Rusty,
Thanks again for the useful information!
I have a few more questions, if you have the time:
Do you have any manufacturer or part number info for the one-way vales and the 3-way valve that you used?
Also, i see that you used a low pressure gauge on each of your tanks. Do you have any info on those?
Thanks again for the great info!
Modiconman

I'll have to look that up again. I know I have it somewhere.

rustystud

The reason I installed it is I can monitor my brakes for adjustment.

They won't need adjustment if you don't get going on that trip to Alaska!

I know !!! The wife keeps coming up with projects for me to do. This summer I have done almost nothing on the truck !!!
I had planned to go through the brakes and finally install my power steering unit on the truck. I still haven't even finished rebuilding the steering gear yet. I had some special machining done to it to go along with the hydraulic power ram. Should be great once it is finished. I did get the G250 to mount on my M105 trailer. That will be my tool room and spare parts storage place. I also will add a 100 gallon tank in front of it.

brian s

I have been looking for a fuel tank for my 1971 m35a2 with no luck. I need all the brackets and all the parts to install a second tank. I posted in parts wanted but if anyone has this stuff let me know.
Thank you.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have been looking for a fuel tank for my 1971 m35a2 with no luck. I need all the brackets and all the parts to install a second tank. I posted in parts wanted but if anyone has this stuff let me know.
Thank you.
You may see if a tractor fuel tank off an M939 series truck or a standard 81 gallon tank would work. I think i have brackets but i know I have a tank. Sure it would fit on a deuce.

Modiconman

Rusty,
I am finally getting around to adding my aux fuel tank using your method for switching.
I just have a question on the parking brake cable. What did you so with that? It appears that I could just run it over the top of the frame, instead of through the hole.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Modiconman

rustystud

Rusty,
I am finally getting around to adding my aux fuel tank using your method for switching.
I just have a question on the parking brake cable. What did you so with that? It appears that I could just run it over the top of the frame, instead of through the hole.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Modiconman

I would not put it above the frame rail. To easily damaged that way.
I just drilled a new hole about 1.5" above the original and rerouted the cable. Works great. The cable can be a bit of fun trying to get it off the brake shoe lever. I installed new stainless nuts and lubed it up good so in the future it would be easier to remove.

Modiconman

Rusty, I have nearly completed my auxiliary tank installation, using your design as a guide. I have been unable to locate a proper 3-way valve/solenoid for my project. That's really all that I have left to do on it. Do you have any additional information on the solenoid that you used?
Thanks!

rustystud

Rusty, I have nearly completed my auxiliary tank installation, using your design as a guide. I have been unable to locate a proper 3-way valve/solenoid for my project. That's really all that I have left to do on it. Do you have any additional information on the solenoid that you used?
Thanks!
The original valve is outdated so I recently bought a new stainless steel one from eBay. It should work just fine. Yes it says it takes 8 seconds to fully open or close the valve but fuel is flowing the moment it starts to turn, just not the full flow.
Here's the link : (edited, removed)

Picture & description, instead:
3-way valve, 0.5in NPT.jpg
1/2" NPT, 3-way, 24V AC/DC, Motorized Ball Valve, Stainless Steel / PTFE 3-wire

Since this is not an "ongoing" auction but a eBay store, this shouldn't be violating the rules here.
WRONG!

• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)

Last edited by a moderator:

rustystud

At this time I am feeling better, but we will see if the infection has truly gone later this week. If it hasn't then I might be facing surgery to remove the damaged tissue.
Just an update on my infection. Last week I just completed a month long course of really heavy duty antibiotics and the doctor said the infection has gone ! Praise GOD !!!
I was not looking forward to having my body parts cut out !!!
The doctors think I picked up this nasty infection in Russia last year. Who knows. It was a European cruise and it could have happened anywhere I think. Even the crew could have infected me. They are all from third world countries where this infection came from.

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Rustystud, for both the update on your health and the 3-way valve for the dual fuel tank install. I was looking for a manual 3 way valve but I for the cost a motorized stainless steel valve is better it is easier to keep the plumbing out of the cab, it just isn't that big.............

rustystud

The original valve is outdated so I recently bought a new stainless steel one from eBay. It should work just fine. Yes it says it takes 8 seconds to fully open or close the valve but fuel is flowing the moment it starts to turn, just not the full flow.
Here's the link : (edited, removed)

Picture & description, instead:
View attachment 774685
1/2" NPT, 3-way, 24V AC/DC, Motorized Ball Valve, Stainless Steel / PTFE 3-wire

Since this is not an "ongoing" auction but a eBay store, this shouldn't be violating the rules here.
WRONG!

• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)
I guess I'm wrong then. I have seen many others post information links to "stores" weather it be on eBay or elsewhere. I know your not suppose to post about any "auction" unless it is over.
So we are not suppose to link to stores now too ? Not getting snarky, just asking for the future.

rustystud

I guess I'm wrong then. I have seen many others post information links to "stores" weather it be on eBay or elsewhere. I know your not suppose to post about any "auction" unless it is over.
So we are not suppose to link to stores now too ? Not getting snarky, just asking for the future.

So no one can give me an answer ?
I've read and reread the "rules" and can find nothing about posting to a "store" . In fact the rules state you can help someone who has a problem and needs a part. Just like I posted. So what did I do wrong here ?

Last edited:

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm afaid I don't know enough about the rules in this case so I can't answer your question, but I would appreciate it if you would post the full nomenclature of the valve including manufacturer and model number so I can find it out there in the web.
Thanks Rusty,
firefox

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Firefox, for whats its worth I just used "1/2" NPT, 3-way, 24v AC/DC, Motorized Ball valve, Stainless Steel / PTFE 3-wire" on one of the well known on-line sales sites and found it fairly quickly. More than likely it was the exact item Rusty mentioned but the seller may be selling thru multiple sites so who knows. easiest way it copy and paste the description for what ever site you like to use. Again thanks for the info Rusty, it looks like a good item.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks