• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vinegar and Salt for Rust Removal, Anyone tried this?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well troopers, I've been waiting to clean and paint my front mounted 75 ton tank chain, and here it is done ! I used Muriatic Acid for only 40 minutes, then rinsed with water, then a bath in baking soda. Then a mist of FLAT BLACK...What a difference... I have others to clean too, and once cleaned, I will display them on my bomb crane rail at the shows...

Attachments

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am finding that after the muriatic acid bath, more attention needs to be given to the de-acid rinsing process I have to make sure all the acid is removed so that its action stops. otherwise, when I paint, residues of acid eat through the paint and then re rusts...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks