• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hummer rims & tires on my Cucv ????

jonbowbie

I'm a new to this forum and I would like y'all advise . Is it better to put a small lift kit on my 86 Cucv . Or go get hummer rims & tires to put on my Cucv ??? And if I get hummer rims & tires is it better and what do I need to know about the rims & tires ??? Your advice is greatly appreciated .

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hummer rims & tires on my Cucv ????

Welcome from Germany.
I'm not the judge, but it's always a nice gesture to tell everybody who you are and what's your intensions, in an matching thread (requirements for new members).
The search function will give you a lot of results. ;-)
No offense
Welcome again!

Last edited:

jonbowbie

Welcome from Germany.
I'm not the judge, but it's always a nice gesture to tell everybody who you are and what's your intensions, in an matching thread (requirements for new members).
The search function will give you a lot of results. ;-)
No offense
Welcome again!
I'm sorry I'm new to asking questions . I want to lift my Cucv M1009 Blazer up a little bit . It is my toy , get out of dodge , bug out vehicle .

NovacaineFix

I'm sorry I'm new to asking questions . I want to lift my Cucv M1009 Blazer up a little bit . It is my toy , get out of dodge , bug out vehicle .
Wanted to do the same with my 1009, then I found out that it would almost be easier to swap out a 1008 chassis that has a rusted out body, those axles and hubs are at least the starting point for such a simple project. I think if I go the route of HMMWV wheels, I will do like beltfedonly says, the cheaper and easiest by far.

Good Luck man!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
They will not bolt on the front of a 8 lug without 2.5" spacers. Rears will bolt on though. I'm running 3" spacers on my front end.

Ilikemtb999

They do make adapter spacers to use 8 lug on 6 lug axles. I don't think it's a worthwhile thing to do though because with 3.08 gears it's going to be pathetically slow and strain those 10 bolts.

Chaski

20160103_111628.jpg20160103_111721.jpg 20160103_122251.jpg

I had my spare wheel out this weekend to press some new studs into it and I took some photos.

I just wanted to show what it looks like when you run 2" spacers. I re-centered my wheels with flat centers in as far as they can go and it is equivalent to me running 2.25" spacers and stock HMMWV wheels. The rim is about 3/4" away from the tie rod end. With 2" spacers you would be looking at about 1/2" clearance. It is about as tucked in as you can go and really helps out with scrub radius keeping those tires tucked in. The difference between my pickup and my buddies M1008 which is running around on stamped centers (they are about 1.5" further out than mine) is huge. The amount of fender hacking that had to take place to clear tires at full steering lock with the stamped centers was excessive.

IMHO 2" spacers with stock HMMWV wheels is perfect, or if you want to re-center go with flat centers... not stamped.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks