• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

75 mph in a Deuce

m109a2

Well I am on my box and I hear a deuce horn and Garrett was at the door loud and proud with the LDS and the 11.00s and the tranny trick kit the wife fed him and I could not wait take a ride in this bad boy it was a good ride this young man can not only make a deuce haul but knows how to Stop the thing.Al

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeepsinker

Glad you had fun man! Now yout see what yours could do with the proper application of the right components. Of course, you would have to unhook that 8,000 pound camper trailer someday...

You have to work on your punctuation buddy.

Bo1

Garrett towing my deuce to his place an hour and a half away at speeds occasionally exceeding 60mph was equally impressive... His truck is a beast!
Hope to have one of my trucks performing as well as his does one of these days.....

Jeepsinker

I bet it would, in neutral coming down from Eisenhower tunnel on I-70, but not on flat land under power. It probably would if I installed some 395s, but I'm not a fan of the big super singles. Works for a lot of people, but I don't care for singles myself.

Jeepsinker

And before anyone jumps up my butt about safety for going that fast in my truck, please know that I maintain my truck very well, I trust my truck and my abilities to maintain it very much, and my whole braking system is in tip top shape. So are my tires. Yes I understand all the liabilities involved. I do not normally run it that fast, just wanted to see what it would really do, and show AL at the same time. I normally don't exceed 65.

Last edited by a moderator:

drivebymashing

So with a .69 overdrive and 11.x20 tires you can run 75? Ive had my stock m35a2 to a gps verifed 58.16mph. It was smooth as silk. I would feel totally safe at 75. I dont tailgate people and im never hauling anything on the interstate.

Jeepsinker

Yeah it is doable, obviously. All my vibrations and rattles actually stop once I get over 50, so yes it is smooth, just like you said. Just be sure your brakes are in good shape. Tires too. And be sure your front axle u-bolts are tight.

Jeepsinker

For the record, even the LDS is screaming at that speed. 70 is fine for cruising, because it is a few hundred rpm less. I wouldn't run at 75 for any length of time, but it sure brings on a smile when you see your speedometer needle pointing straight down at the floor.:driver:

Jeepsinker

No there isnt. I don't have a Gopro, and it was at night anyway. I dare not try to video it with my phone and drive at the same time, at least not at that speed.

dmetalmiki

I do not know the accuracy of the clocks in my M45 530C, but last summer chasing a convoy the clocks went to max with very little effort, and it was as smooth as silk, sounded great, was told by a following car the speed was quite close to 70 MPH. for a short while. I just love my fire truck to bits. Never ever seems stressed, and never bothered about hills.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nobody cares how fast anyone can go
All records broken recently ..................
What really is a concern is how fast one can stop them Rock Wells.

Don't need anything except soldier "B" with a stopwatch..........

So do this
Have your favorite spot to do this........................
Go as fast as you like thru your special spot
Then throw the anchors and do the best one can do and measure.
We ain't out here to hurt anybody anything.
My favorite is down-hill

The Vette stops 167 feet at 100 MPH
The Lexus stopped 183 feet ditto
The Tiger stopped 200 feet ditto
The MGC stopped 230 feet ditto
The Goat stopped at 180 feet
The ZO6 stopped 152 feet ditto
The Camaro stopped at 160 feet
I have to go try the new Camaro...

Oh phooey
This means I have to go test the Deuce!

But I wish I had a real Cobra
Zero to a hundred and back to zero in 13.8 seconds

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks