• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

75 mph in a Deuce

KaiserM109

I bet it would, in neutral coming down from Eisenhower tunnel on I-70, but not on flat land under power. It probably would if I installed some 395s, but I'm not a fan of the big super singles. Works for a lot of people, but I don't care for singles myself.
I'd like to see him do Loveland Pass, it's steeper.

Actually I wouldn't, that would be messy. I've already seen one truck miss a turn on the west side.

I hope like **** he doesn't still have NDTs or deep lugs on it!!

PS In the 244th Engr. Bn, (Army Reserves) we used to haul D8 dozers between maintenance depots on flat beds. On a downhill run I got one with a full bull blade up to 65 and thought the engine was going to blow.

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

No, not really. Make sure you use good speakers or you'll never hear it over idle.
I still have to get the amps and the sub hooked up, and mount the rear speakers and wire all four speakers to the four channel.

71DeuceAK

Interesting. I'd probably add 12v to mine when/if I get one, so I'd use a standard 12v aftermarket unit. (Being more of a terrestrial radio listener anyway).

Jeepsinker

The one I used is AM/FM, and digital media. Looks like a cd player but it isnt. No point because a cd would constantly skip while on the road.
I added a 50 amp Vanner equalizer to power the sound system, which does include one small woofer under the passenger seat. I don't need super gangsta thump, just a little bass so the music sounds right. I can't even hear the truck at highway speed over the music anymore.

The receiver cost $37 new.

71DeuceAK

Wow, $37! And do you have any exhaust modifications so it's not as loud? I'm surprised you can't hear the truck over the radio anymore, or are you also wearing hearing protection simultaneously?

Jeepsinker

Stock exhaust. With or without earpro, I can't hear the truck when I turn it up. And there is no amp for the speakers, just the woofer. I used two 6.5" kickers in the cab corners and two 4" speakers down in the front footwell area that I still have to mount. Right now they are just stuck to the firewall by their magnets. Lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks