• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2006 Iraq Harley Davidson used by British

LeoUSA

Harley Name 1 Lg Sm.jpgHarley 650cc Crop sm.jpg

The attached photos were take in Basrah Iraq, 2006. The British had a few Harley Davidson Motorcycles (Dual Purpose) in OD Paint and Desert Tan Paint.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are the newer 350cc version of the earlier Armstrong MT500. Harley bought the rights to the Armstrong - predominantly a motocross manufacturer in the UK towards the end of the MT500 run. Many of these can be seen at UK military shows with either 'Armstrong' or 'Harley' side panels, but otherwise identical. I am not sure when they changed the model down to a 350.
The Rotax engine has been around for a long time and is a wonderfully reliable power unit.

Here is some more info;

http://www.milweb.net/features/mt350.php

infidel got me

It may have Harley badges on it but not a true Harley. You can tell it's not Harley powered --- no oil leaking under it. Just kidding Harley guys. Not a hater. A lot of my friends ride a Honda Davidson lol

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They sold a few hundred through Harley Dealerships a number of years ago. They were competing for a US DoD contract and lost out, but still had the bikes. There's also 2 boxes that mount on the front fork, as part of the attempt to reduce the heat signature. I've kept my eyes out for them and they do come up for sale occasionally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks