• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2015 - November VOTE HERE

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. m715mike
m715mike.jpg

2. Hitman
Hitman.jpg

3. poof
poof.jpg

4. longshot2171
longshot2171.jpg

5. rebelqwes87
rebelqwes87.jpg

6. OilfieldRoughneck
OilfieldRoughneck.jpg

7. Chevpol
Chevpol.jpg

8. DJones
DJones.jpg

9. Bob H
Bob H.jpg

10. wsucougarx
wsucougarx.jpg

11. swiss
swiss.jpg

12. bigflew
bigflew.jpg

13. gottaluvit
gottaluvit.jpg

14. mdmorgan
mdmorgan.JPG

15. jasonjc
jasonjc.jpg

16. theeDIZ
theeDIZ.jpg

17. mahdey
mahdey.jpg

18. Castle Bravo
Castle Bravo.jpg

19. iatractor
iatractor.jpg

20. Digger09
Digger09.jpg

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After seeing castle bravo's ride, I can't even consider another. That thing is a beast! Can I borrow it so I can bid on a wrecker? She is beautiful! Dang it, how can I brag up my CUCV NOW?!
The size of a truck is not always important. Lol
But for sure, it's a nice one ( like all the others also) !

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to Soni for the nomination!

My vehicles may not be as nice as some of the competition, but I think they hold their own pretty well. I've had the M916 tractor for just over 4 years now and have painted it and worked on almost every part of it at this point. It was retrofitted with an Allison HD4070 automatic transmission by the Army and Northrup Grumman. Some of the M916 photos can be found in this thread here - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?81412-Photos-of-My-M916

I got the M870A1 trailer just over a year ago and it was in need of some attention. No deck, no air lines, no wiring or lights. I'm particularly proud of the the trailer restoration - I think it came out very well. That is detailed in this thread, here - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?130999-M870A1-Acquisition-Thread

Attached are some more photos of my M916 tractor and M870A1 trailer.

Attachments

m715mike

This post is completely NUTS!!!!

Nuts! Nuts are the topic of this post! Some folks say I'm nuts... But, awe nuts, that's not the type of nuts I'm talking about here. Let's take a brief moment to talk about lug nuts. Y'all know em'. These are the nuts you check in your PMCS and pre-trip inspections. At least I hope they are the nuts you are checking.

We even have a thread here on SS dedicated to checking your nuts >>

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?55602-Boys-Check-your-nuts!!!

By now you have either dismissed me as being completely NUTS, or you are wondering why I have wasted so much of your life discussing nuts. I have a couple of really good reasons, which are anything but nuts!

I saw the "Boys, Check your nuts!!!" thread shortly after acquiring my Deuce. I promptly checked my lug nuts and found that I had a couple of loose nuts. I also had some bad studs (maybe I'll do a post on studs later, but lets focus on nuts right now). I gleaned much knowledge from the thread and am very thankful for the simple advise - Boys, check your nuts!

Like most MV owners, I guess I am a little nuts. That has lead me to spend much time and money on maintenance this year. Included in this year's maintenance were brand new nuts! Yes, my Deuce got brand new nuts all the way around (oh, and some new studs too). At first they were shiny new nuts!!!

IMG_1188.jpg

Then they became painted nuts. I must admit, with paint, the nuts are flat and dull.

IMG_0344.jpg

With the old nuts (and some bad studs), my Deuce would get a shimmy at 50 MPH. I never imagined that old nuts on bad studs would lead to a shimmy. Whodathunk! Now with new nuts (and good studs) torqued properly, my Deuce does not shimmy like it use to.

So folks, in the name of safety, CHECK YOUR NUTS!!!

Now comes the real fun....

Let's play a game... A drinking game!!!! Assuming you are of legal age, grab a bottle(s) of your favorite distilled adult beverage. Re-read this post. Take a shot of your distilled adult beverage every time you see the word "Nuts"!!! If you are still sitting upright when you get to the end of this post --- VOTE FOR ME!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
After much thought (they are all nice vehicles), I voted for Longshot2171's M37.

That truck is just beautiful and it's obvious he has put a lot of time, effort and money I'm sure into getting her where she is.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks