• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Glow Plug Controller cards - Black Friday Sale

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone needing/wanting one of AntennaClimber's new production glow plug controller cards They are on sale for Black Friday. $25 off the list price. That is a 25% savings.

I have used these myself and they are top shelf!!!

www.glowplugcards.com

Last edited:

joshuak

Ordered mine today, thank you for the sale AntennaClimber as well as providing stable employment to a group of veterans.

The cards are made by a USN Viet Nam veteran and myself. I served in the USAF, NY and PA Air National Guard way back in the 80's.
I also employ a prior service Marine and an Army Iraq Combat Vet. Recently the Army Vet signed up for the PA Air Guard and is now in Texas for training. He and his family have the security of knowing that he will have his job back upon his return in a few months...
That's awesome man.

Foxtrot Oscar

Thanks

Thanks to both Warthog (For the Heads-Up) and AntennaClimber especially, for his patience in dealing with my year-long quest to acquire a GP Card.

Due to the US-only shipping (Still not sure why that policy exists with many US sellers?) I found I could enlist the services of a Post Office consolidation warehouse. They give me an address in US and then ship down to NZ for a fee. Sceptical, but spoke to a satisfied user so here goes...

Then... Due to the security issues built-in to PayPal I couldn't purchase anything because I used to live in England UK and that's where my PayPal account was registered via my Hotmail address. Too-Hard Basket syndrome manifested itself and I gave up battling PayPal 12 months ago - but then the BF Sale price re-kindled my desire to trade. Have battled on the laptop all night, from when 8:00 am occurred in US, even though it was Friday down here yesterday and multiple page re-loads later, I have working PP and correct country etc.

Believe me it takes some time to unhook from UK and hook-up via NZ to get payments to flow but finally I have a confirmation email that my payment has been processed.

Karl should have money now and I should have 2 cards (Spares are always good at the right price) in time for Christmas!

I PM'd AC earlier and he replied that he would hold 2 cards aside for me while I processed payment - which I really appreciate!!

Thanks again Warthog and AntennaClimber!! (Legends)

jpg

My truck runs antennaclimber's GP controller. It works great! Highly recommended. (As far as I know, it's also the only viable option if you need a new GP controller.)

If you're running a 30-year-old GP controller, it might be wise to get a spare. I'm no electronics expert, but my original GP controller had charred parts and burn marks on the board. I'm pretty sure that's a bad thing... It also didn't work.

I'm also a fan of the GP override, in case something goes wrong with the GP controller. But I want a working controller in my truck, if only so others can drive it without needing to understand the intricacies of manual GP management. For me, I run antennaclimber's GP controller, and I keep one in my spares kit. I also plan to install tim292stro's manual GP override kit, once it's available. I *really* don't want this truck to get stuck deep in the mountains.

Skinny

Figures I just bought one a few days ago :/

Card was sent out super fast and very happy with the transaction. Can't wait to insert into the empty GP slot to see what happens!

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a little known fact about the GPD-2B and 2C cards.

The cards we make are very easily modified to add a manual push button to it and keep the original GM wiring intact. No splicing is required to add a push button to our card.

The long machine screw that holds the large transistor to the circuit board is at the same electrically as the light Blue wire. If you connect a wire to the long machine screw to the momentary push button and then to ground, you will have a back up to close the GP relay if the card fails.

I purposely used a long machine screw so a small wire and a second nut could be installed on the card for the momentary push button switch option.

Maybe this weekend I can mock one up and post a picture of it.

A few cards are remaining, after these cards are gone, we are not going to make any more GPD-2B or 2C cards.

Karl.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a little known fact about the GPD-2B and 2C cards.

The cards we make are very easily modified to add a manual push button to it and keep the original GM wiring intact. No splicing is required to add a push button to our card.

The long machine screw that holds the large transistor to the circuit board is at the same electrically as the light Blue wire. If you connect a wire to the long machine screw to the momentary push button and then to ground, you will have a back up to close the GP relay if the card fails.

I purposely used a long machine screw so a small wire and a second nut could be installed on the card for the momentary push button switch option.

Maybe this weekend I can mock one up and post a picture of it.

A few cards are remaining, after these cards are gone, we are not going to make any more GPD-2B or 2C cards.

Karl.
Karl, Are you not making any more cards period or are you coming out with another improvement??

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By Pass Wire

Here is a picture of the wire installed on the GPD series GP controller. I used a flat washer on the top of the original nut and a second 4-40 nut on top of the ring terminal.

If you ground the wire coming off of the transistor, the GP relay will close.

It would be a good idea to add a quick disconnect terminal between the card and the momentary push button. This way the card can be removed with one simple wire connection.

Karl

Attachments

Foxtrot Oscar

Delivery

My new card (plus spare) arrived at home here today. I want to thank AntennaClimber for his care in packaging the cards for the long journey. The box was undamaged and the bubble-wrap/plastic bags/tape etc. were fantastic to see upon opening. :D

One interesting point I noticed was that each card has its own unique serial number. Just more proof of the attention to detail from the good folks at BMI.

Wishing Karl, his family and staff all a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year - from down here in New Zealand!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks