• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a Deuce

appnut1

Just bought a deuce in ATL,GA and drove it back to ORL,Fl. My neighbor had a cow and went irrational on me,oh well. My question is is any kind of a muffler available for an m35a2

1967 M35A2

BFR

Rocket Surgeon

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to Steel Soldiers!

Now let's see your truck!

nopics

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winter Springs eh? Welcome to Steel Soldiers and deuce ownership. About the neighbor blowing a gasket, we'll be in the area in Feb for the FL rally in Clermont. Maybe we could all stop by and give your neighbor a little dose of what could be. Perhaps that will offer a little perspective.

bugei

muffler? it's about the noise and the green and the vibration and the NOISE, and the noise. invite your neighbor for a ride, then he will get it. if not, take his wife and kids for a ride, they will get it and tell him to chill

alphadeltaromeo

RE: truck

Welcome to SS. I like what Joel (BFR) did...looks good, kinda like a snake with a rat in it's throat :roll: Glad that you're a new deuce owner!

Cdub

appnut1 said:
Just bought a deuce in ATL,GA and drove it back to ORL,Fl. My neighbor had a cow and went irrational on me,oh well. My question is is any kind of a muffler available for an m35a2

1967 M35A2
Welcome to the Steel Soldiers.

Don't worry about the neighbors......Mine stopped talking to me the day I brought home my "Sharleen" (M925a1) and haven't stopped calling the cops or the town.....Hahaha....

I think it's time they get used to the idea that Sharleen it's going any where except in my driveway. They can have an opinion about what I do on my property when they start paying my mortgage......!!!!

Good Luck with the new TOY,

C'dub

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Dark (green) Side :twisted:. We have cookies :D .
This is more than a hobby, it's an obsession. :jumpin:
One vehicle will lead to another and another.....they will get bigger.
I got a duece, I want a 5 ton, if I get the 5 ton, I'll want a HEMMTT.
There is no stopping..........SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!!!!!!!! aua
AARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.
Since you are in Fla., try to make the Feb rally. There will be folks from all over there. Rallys are like 12 step program meetings for MV'ers.
My name is Richard......and I'm a "Green Iron junkie".

DavidB

Like the bikers around here say loud pipes save lifes at least it should get him back on the pourch.Welcome and good luck with the green flu it is not terminal but also not cureable.
DavidB

nattieleather

When I got my duce and came home with it my neighbor asked if I had explosives in it because he couldn't see in it due to the cargo cover (canvas)....He wasn't a happy camper either....Oh well. STBH!

Congrats on your purchase and I hope you have a long and happy MV experiance. I've been playing with HMV for 22 years now... :)

gene

appnut 1, welcome to family. your neighbor may never see the light, but we all here know how you feel.

BFR, what kind of noise reduction did you get with the muffler adaptation?

Gene

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makes me glad I live on 45 arces out in the country. I do think it helps to keep you from getting broken into when you have MVs parked at your house and a bunch of stuff laying around that has bullet holes in it. People think your like the people they see in the movies that live out in the woods, have a couple of screws loose, and still think there in the war. It scares alot of the liberal types and that's ok I don't want to deal with them anyhow.

gene

m16ty, you fit in jus fine in my neck of the woods. i only have ten acres, but the rest sounds the same. some people complain about all the shooting, but they end up moving away and the good ole boys remain.

gene

appnut1

Don't have any good pix yet. Family is excited about the Feb rally plan on making day trips I think. Just thought I would add that before buying the beast I checked with code enforcement,and HOA rules and both state that as long as it is not buissiness unit and tagged it is OK, some people thrive on drama I guess. Anyway had a blast driving it back down 75 at 58MPH the whole way, got a lot of strange looks but not a single problem. Just got all the fluids changed this week and am going to start on safety stuff next. Great site, great people and glad to be here! :D

vinny-socom1

Welcome!!! I like seeing some more FL guys!! See you at the FL Rally!! I guess I was lucky my neighbors came over and thought it was the coolest thing around. Faye wanted to go for a ride the same day the truck came home!! Since then Joe helps me work on it when he has free time. Now its the center of talking points, wondering what I plan on doing next. Vinny

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sermis put a large (NAPA?) aftermarket muffler on his and it is very quiet. There are some threads on this. Glad you got a deuce.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to the site. My neigbors got used to my trucks especially when the biggest complainer died. The rest of my block likes my trucks cause they know in a blizzard I will have the only vehicles that can move.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks