Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21

Thread: Civil Defense Vehicles and Items

Thanks
    Thanked 9,206 Times in 5,447 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m1010plowboy View Post
    Y

"""""The main players were the United States and the Soviet Union because these two countries developed enough nuclear weapons to wipe out the planet numerous times over. There were other nuclear-armed nations, but the US and USSR were the big dogs on the radioactive porch."""""
    Great posts, plowboy, thanks a million!

You use the past tense ("were"), but you know, don't bet on that altogether.

I wish it were otherwise and I mean don't lose sleep over this or anything, but....

Can you say, "Boom"?!
    M35A2 w/Winch SOLD

Thanks

9B9C44AC-D994-42DC-8CA2-475F2F87214A.jpg
    Draged another M211 home for parts and noticed this sticker under the tailgate right side. Thought it fit with this thread. There’s also a rebuild tag on the dash that says rebuilt buy Japan Ordinance Command. So it’s probably got some stories to tell.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M37keppy For This Useful Post:

1944mb (06-21-2019), amgeneral72 (06-21-2019), Another Ahab (06-21-2019), m1010plowboy (Today), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (06-21-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,514 Posts

Default Dome inspections

Quote Originally Posted by M37keppy View Post
    9B9C44AC-D994-42DC-8CA2-475F2F87214A.jpg
    Draged another M211 home for parts and noticed this sticker under the tailgate right side. Thought it fit with this thread. Thereís also a rebuild tag on the dash that says rebuilt buy Japan Ordinance Command. So itís probably got some stories to tell.
    I'm sorry I missed this. That photo alone is worthy of a museum display. The Early Deuce was designated for Civil Defence Defense across the continent. Discovering as much as I could about the use of the Deuce is the reason I got hooked up with this crazy museum group.

Can you post a link to a thread on this unit, post more pictures, let me drive it? Thanks for sharing part of a real important story about the Early Deuce.

The lights are on but nobody is home at the dome!

ndome.jpg

We will be on this date!

TOURS AT THE CFS ALSASK DOME!!!
    August 4 from 1000hrs - 1800hrs. Each tour will start on the hour. Admission fees will be a donation of your choice.
    https://www.facebook.com/CanadianCiv...umAndArchives/

Thanks to Chris and Connie we're getting night shots.

Besides the support from a security company, the community has chipped in with farmers, truckers, delivery folks, the mail man, transport companies, off-duty military, the police and other locals with constant eyes on the dome. Apparently, you can see it for 30 miles. So much for being discreet. A huge Thank You to the local support we get.

For those able to make it up north, no charge. Bringing a few million dollars for a donation is always appreciated. Continental protection is an under celebrated event and it's due time we celebrate those folks that worked so we could be here today, celebrating. Dance and celebrate!

We're not done yet, this is not a grand opening, it's barely even an opening but we can open the doors and safely allow 'able bodied persons' into the dome.

That last part gets to me so we're prioritizing a wheel chair lift, elevator, crane lift, something to make access easy for everyone in the future.

There's still a ton of cleaning to do and sanitizing areas where folks might fall and rub their tongue on a wall or beam where a pigeon pooped is almost done.

fredome.jpg

We'll finally get a chance to pop open this sealed crate at the end of the day on August 4th so stay tuned for an update.

domecratel.jpg

Many of the items we've discovered will be on display. The collection covers everything from the smallest badges to our bus and everything in between.

Do you know someone that worked in the service during the cold war? Thank them, then send them to us so we can pry their story out of them and tell it tomorrow!

CDmicrodupli.jpgradiacmeterim5015.jpgKIMG1263.jpgsiren18.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

Another Ahab (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,206 Times in 5,447 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m1010plowboy View Post
    We'll finally get a chance to pop open this sealed crate at the end of the day on August 4th so stay tuned for an update.

domecratel.jpg

AAAA.jpg
    M35A2 w/Winch SOLD

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21