• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

JoeJrTheBarber

Got the back of the truck lit up like Christmas !
RearLights.jpg
Did some LED marker lights in the civilian H1 location, LED third brake light, LED stock replacement tail lights, and a LED license plate light.
Disregard the amber lights on both sides, as those were a wiring issue at the time of this pic that as has been resolved..

Last edited:

Dele16

Did some interior upgrades! Corbeau seats, fully insulated and marine carpet, made Council which holds radio, switche panel, and cup holders!IMG_0439.jpgIMG_0443.jpgIMG_0520.jpgIMG_0436.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DREDnot

Cleaned up the battery cables and installed new clamps

DSCN5800.jpg

DSCN8355.jpg

Installed the keyed ignition switch

DSCN8343.jpg

DSCN8345.jpg

DSCN8350.jpg

Upgraded to the A2 steering wheel

DSCN8319.jpg

DSCN8352.jpg

Retrofitted Civilian wiper blades.

DSCN8320.jpg

DSCN8324.jpg

DSCN8326.jpg

DSCN8327.jpg

Dock Rocker

I've been thinking about mounting civvy wiper blades DREDnot, yours look good.
BDGR
Just buy the factory H1 setup. They drop right on. it’s without a doubt one of the top three mods I have ever done to my hmmwv . I bought mine from adventure accessories.

stengerj1629

Today with the help of my wife we installed the below seat covers from Coverking. These covers are snug and don’t even look like seat covers. Custom made to fit. [h=4]Skanda Mossy Oak Eclipse Camo Front & Rear Seat Covers for HUMVEE Military Model[/h]

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today with the help of my wife we installed the below seat covers from Coverking. These covers are snug and don’t even look like seat covers. Custom made to fit. Skanda Mossy Oak Eclipse Camo Front & Rear Seat Covers for HUMVEE Military Model
1) Do you have a link?

2) Can you or your wife help educate my wife as to how to help? At least explain the concept? Perhaps pics with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each.

Last edited:

DREDnot

finally took it offroad and ran the transfer case through the ranges.
Real hard to shift even using all my slow roll in neutral skills.
It shifts, but right at that "somethings gonna break" effort.
I cleaned an lubed the shifters and pivot points of the linkages last week so those are good to go.

DSCN8433.jpg

DSCN8415.jpg

Dock Rocker

finally took it offroad and ran the transfer case through the ranges.
Real hard to shift even using all my slow roll in neutral skills.
It shifts, but right at that "somethings gonna break" effort.
I cleaned an lubed the shifters and pivot points of the linkages last week so those are good to go.

View attachment 756678

View attachment 756680
You may want to check the TM for the shifting instructions. At times you are supposed to turn the truck off to shift.

McSpeed

I'm currently on page 234 of this massive thread - and hope to make it to this point in the coming weeks...but had to put a shout out. Didn't do anything to it - but man did it EVER come in handy this weekend. Needless to say I had other car trouble and needed to access my car hauling trailer that was out in the muddy tundra thaw that is my backyard. The Silverado FAILED big time - slipping, sliding, sinking in the mud - not only did the Humvee get the trailer out (like nothing at all)- it pulled one of my other cars that got stuck in the process out AND while I was in training at the local Air National Guard Base my wife was able to go to the grocery store and more...in the Humvee since I had her transportation while mine was broken down. It totally saved the weekend. I honestly don't know how I would have moved stuff around my yard or had transportation for my wife while I was away.

As far as this thread...DANG, I wish I had read it BEFORE I spun the first wrench on my rig. Lots of common themes and territory I ended up covering the hard way. Okay, back to the past posts....

papakb

When you compare the investment in the commanders seats and their benefit to all of the other cubic dollar investments people put into these things yes, they are a good investment. The ride comfort is a world of difference better. It's comparable to going from bias ply tires to radials.

springer1981

Are those seats worth the money? I like the look more than the SmittyBilt but I'm stuck on the cost and comfort.

Thanks,
I recently went the less expensive route and found some cheap Subaru seats. With a little modification and making some brackets they would have gone in. I had them test fitted. What I noticed was since the seat base had higher sides to the cushion it was hard to easily get in and out. Ultimately I bought a set of the commander seats and install them. A little less comfortable than the Subaru seats however it is easier to get in and out. Enough so that I feel it was a better choice. They are a huge improvement over the standard seat. I bought mine off a guy locally that had NOS in the box sets. He sells them on the Auction site for $750 plus shipping. They are the least expensive I have found yet. I licked out that he was local and I picked them up in person and avoided the auction site pricing as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks