• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

NormB

When you compare the investment in the commanders seats and their benefit to all of the other cubic dollar investments people put into these things yes, they are a good investment. The ride comfort is a world of difference better. It's comparable to going from bias ply tires to radials.
Ditto that. I got a set/kit for around $750 two years ago, took me six months to work up enough gumption to do the installation, but it went smoothly per plans. Except for the clearance cut inside the battery box for the seat bolt- couldn’t read the number on the drawings and missed it by about a quarter inch.

I didn’t like how far forward the backs were so I tilted them back to where they were comfortable to me then drilled new holes in the bottom of the brackets, about an inch forward of factory. Man I detest mechanical engineers who never have to actually use the stuff they designed.

What I did today:

5C03A273-0F0F-40DE-92F6-63DA0C379E5A.jpg0CE8B9F2-66FE-4E03-97C1-7723E92E02D2.jpg

Replaced the heavy alloy armor grille with the lighter one. More airflow I think. Sure looks less restrictive. Lighter, too, easier on my back lifting the hood.

Will likely put the armor one on the evil auction site.

Last edited:

Wire Fox

1) Do you have a link?

2) Can you or your wife help educate my wife as to how to help? At least explain the concept? Perhaps pics with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each.
Man, I don't know how to help, but I thought you would want to know that you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

twisted60

Today I removed the old flat pad from my drivers seat and replaced it with some nice 2" memory foam, only drove a couple miles so can't really say if it's better or not, seat is fuller so that's a start.
IMG_0494.jpg The old pad. IMG_0497.jpg Old pad and re stuffed seat bottom. IMG_0498.jpg Stuffed seat bottom installed.
Old pad measured 1.5" at the thickest part, new pad was 2" all over and firmer. Easy job, just cut stitching in rear, swapped pads and restitched.

Also cleaned the tag on my transfer case, pvt Snuffy painted it real good.
IMG_0476.jpg Before IMG_0487.jpg After
I sprayed a thin coat of gray primer on the tag and re installed. You can read the info now.

infidel got me

JTB, here's what happened. My intent was to clear my truck for cleaning issues and (scratches) We have black, inky, mud down here and once it gets on your paint- it don't come off!!! I got tired of extensive hours of cleaning after a trail ride, so I cleared it. They make a flat matte clear (that's actually what I wanted) but the napa PAINT EXPERT (LOL) sold me this clear and said after it dries it will DULL DOWN.... Well, as RAY CHARLES could see, not the case. So, with that said, the shinny kind of grew on me. Lots of people ask me about the paint and say it looks good.

McSpeed

Mine left me stuck. No glow light. No start. Can’t get it to move and it is blocking my shop.

Thibking about hot wiring 24 to the plugs so I can at least start and move it till I have time to sort the failure.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JTB, here's what happened. My intent was to clear my truck for cleaning issues and (scratches) We have black, inky, mud down here and once it gets on your paint- it don't come off!!! I got tired of extensive hours of cleaning after a trail ride, so I cleared it. They make a flat matte clear (that's actually what I wanted) but the napa PAINT EXPERT (LOL) sold me this clear and said after it dries it will DULL DOWN.... Well, as RAY CHARLES could see, not the case. So, with that said, the shinny kind of grew on me. Lots of people ask me about the paint and say it looks good.
But does it shed sticky mud? That is what counts. She does look sharp. Wanna paint mine? Virginia isn't far to travel, compared to Poland or Australia...

Bulldogger

teteacher101

Just finished a few things.

-Had injectors cleaned, tested, rebuilt as needed
-Pulled Y pipe off an had an exhaust shop bend an flare a new piece of pipe on the driver's side that bolts to the manifold as the old flange rusted off
-Replaced cold advance solenoid
-New prefilter for air intake
-Plywood cut an fit up under the top to keep a pool from happening when it rains
-All fluids checked and greased
-2 new rear CV shafts
-Tires rotated an balanced(as good as you can anyway) an had the tires siped

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks