• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Action

therooster2001

looks AWESOME!! Yeah i done the same thing this past winter. They are the perfect holes for a light installation . Any how here's how my turned out.

View attachment 731976View attachment 731977View attachment 731978View attachment 731979View attachment 731980View attachment 731981View attachment 731982
Both look great. Ok boys, I need some help. I can't find the 3" 24V ones anywhere, lots of 12v and CREE 4" ones. Did you do a multi voltage (9-30v) or 12v?

Dele16, that's a nice color on that guy. I see you're sort of new. Tell us a little about that rig...and post MORE PICTS!

Last edited:

therooster2001

AND to keep the thread on track:

I tried to install a pioneer rack today. It doesn't seem to fit right without bending something. I have to remove the airlift bumper hold down brackets and install them straight, but the welded posts on the back don't fit inside or outside the bumper, even with me adjusting the bracket. I've seen lots of bent ones to adjust for the posts outside the bumper. Anyone have any ideas?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AND to keep the thread on track:

I tried to install a pioneer rack today. It doesn't seem to fit right without bending something. I have to remove the airlift bumper hold down brackets and install them straight, but the welded posts on the back don't fit inside or outside the bumper, even with me adjusting the bracket. I've seen lots of bent ones to adjust for the posts outside the bumper. Anyone have any ideas?
check my thread for pics and pictures of the brackets you need for the pioneer tray when used with an airlift bumper. I got mine from Kascar but I understand the price went up alot.....

therooster2001

Juan you beat me to the picts. I don’t need the hold down bent 45 brackets, I am removing them.

Frame bracket all the way towards rear.

Post interferes.

Sorry for the Tapatalk images, but the site says regular ones failed.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Juan you beat me to the picts. I don’t need the hold down brackets, I am removing them.

Frame bracket all the way towards rear.

Post interferes.

Sorry for the Tapatalk images, but the site says regular ones failed.
Yes, You have the opposite. You have the airlift angle brackets which are not needed for the mwo reinforced straight bumper. Just remove brackets and re bolt latches and you will be perfect.

I think you need to loosen the bolts on the slotted rear bracket and juggle till it lines up then retighten.

Last edited:

Dele16

Both look great. Ok boys, I need some help. I can't find the 3" 24V ones anywhere, lots of 12v and CREE 4" ones. Did you do a multi voltage (9-30v) or 12v?

Dele16, that's a nice color on that guy. I see you're sort of new. Tell us a little about that rig...and post MORE PICTS!
Thanks man, the Humvee is a 1994 6.2 with 20k miles. It was all painted and had a “Humvee street conversion” done in Utah. It consisted of more modern things like paint, lights, seats, some engine improvements,etc the list goes on. The paint color is called “blue steel” it looks great on the truck. It has oem military hard doors. Which are awesome! You wanted pics you got them
!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drivebymashing

Installed new wheels and tires serviced hubs installed new glow plugs . Also installed grounding harness from kascar and new/used black box. Also most importantly homemade snorkel.20180620_063434.jpg

shawnshumvee

Mine are 12volt. I bolted a converter next to the lights.

shawnshumvee

Thanks man, the Humvee is a 1994 6.2 with 20k miles. It was all painted and had a “Humvee street conversion” done in Utah. It consisted of more modern things like paint, lights, seats, some engine improvements,etc the list goes on. The paint color is called “blue steel” it looks great on the truck. It has oem military hard doors. Which are awesome! You wanted pics you got them
!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen the tailgate. I assume that's a hummer Decal or Hummer tailgate?? Any interior pictures? Also what is a" Humvee street conversion?" What all does it entail?

Last edited:

therooster2001

I had the same problem. I put the bracket on the mill and lengthened the slots so it allowed the bracket to reach where I needed.
Success. I lengthened the slots and this worked. Did it with a drill bit, a Dremel and a file. Now to paint so I don't have a rusty mess in 2 weeks.

IMG_0313.jpg
IMG_0314.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks