• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

suzukovich

The bottom of the IP in the M1045A2 sat in water for a few years while the USMC had the truck in longterm storage and was rusted solid. I pulled the IP to swap in a locally sourced replacement.
Then realized the replacement is for a 3 speed truck, not a 6.5 with 4 speed. That is the last time I trust that Active Duty Army mechanic. grrr
View attachment 750393View attachment 750394
So, sending the original IP off to be rebuilt.
That gives me a week or more to focus on prepping the turret parts for installation while the truck is stuck in the garage. :)
Daily project updates: https://gear-report.com/p/6cb
I went through IP issues last year. I down loaded the stenidyne( hope I spelled it right). Which listed all IP pumps that can be used in Humvee wither 6.2, 6.5, and 6.5t. The IP with the 6.5 is detuned. My original replacement was the pump for the later 6.2. Truck ran fine. In fact better then the detuned pump. Had to replace that one due to bad fuel.( water). Picked up another one that had come out of an uparmored. Ran the number to make sure and was good to go. Funny part my mileage improved, more power. Pump is also used in the FMTV.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

suzukovich

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went through IP issues last year. I down loaded the stenidyne( hope I spelled it right). Which listed all IP pumps that can be used in Humvee wither 6.2, 6.5, and 6.5t.
Do you have that stenidyne website address handy suzukovich?

TIA

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove in the Santa Clause Parade. Handed out over 3000 tooth brushes and still ran out before the end of the parade.

View attachment 751304
AWEOME and blessed idea to help with teeth, but then it opens you up to the joke:

Seems like some kid who did not get a toothbrush will lose a few incisors, and then "all he will want for Xmas are his 2 front teeth."

twisted60

Won a brush guard on gov planet, got her installed, bolts with lock nuts on bottom and clevis pins on top with hairpin clips, quick pins would have been nice but $40-$60 a pair vs 10 clevis pins for $12.50. Now do I leave it green or I'm thinking of painting it flat black or possibly paint it to match camo pattern... Thoughts ?
566848244.624201.jpg
Sorry picture does not show the clevis pins, pins arrived today and I must have taken the pic yesterday.

JEB

Drove in the Santa Clause Parade. Handed out over 3000 tooth brushes and still ran out before the end of the parade.
Okay, I'll take the bait...are you a dentist or friend of a dentist?

If so, you need to continue the theme by putting a brush guard on your truck. :) :)

Last edited:

JoeJrTheBarber

Won a brush guard on gov planet, got her installed, bolts with lock nuts on bottom and clevis pins on top with hairpin clips, quick pins would have been nice but $40-$60 a pair vs 10 clevis pins for $12.50. Now do I leave it green or I'm thinking of painting it flat black or possibly paint it to match camo pattern... Thoughts ?
View attachment 751329
Sorry picture does not show the clevis pins, pins arrived today and I must have taken the pic yesterday.
Is it me or does that brush guard need to be removed and flipped 180 ?
I think the back is currently facing the front but I could be wrong...

twisted60

Ya it's correct, I looked in the TM
IMG_4327.jpg
TM's are great, once I got the feel of what was where, now I'm in the maintenance and parts books every time I turn a wrench on one of my trucks.

Stonewall

Our friend is a Dentist, and the local Dental Society walks every year in the parade and hands out toothbrushes. It is amazing how they are sought after. They always end up running out and continue to order bunches more each year. I think next year, they are planning to order line 6000. Their mascot is a person in a beaver suite, named Flossy. This year, they kid dressed in it would do the "floss dance" as he went along.

Okay, I'll take the bait...are you a dentist or friend of a dentist?

If so, you need to continue the theme by putting a brush guard on your truck. :) :)

JoeJrTheBarber

Finished up the on board air system on my M998. Got a complete kit from the guys over at Air Horns of Texas dot com (great dudes). Vair 24Volt compressor, aluminum 10 gallon tank, Freightliner air horn with 150psi switch, etc. Mounted the compressor under the hood and wired it to constant power so it always has juice going to it. Mounted the tank behind the rear " bumper" or whatever u wanna call it up and out of the way. Ran all air lines inside electrical conduit to avoid a rock / air line coming together. Ran a flexible air line to come out of one of the ports I added to the side of the truck so I can quickly add a air hose and fill tires / use small air tools / etc.
Air3.jpgAir7.jpgAir1.jpgAir5.jpgAir6.jpgAir8.jpgAir9.jpg
All in all came together pretty well.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks