• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

ari

found out why my humvee was getting hard to start while making a mad scrreching/grind sound. it is only in that one spot where teeth are ground down. I wonder if i can get away with just a new bendix gear and maybe a new solenoid
IMAG1498.jpg IMAG1499.jpg IMAG1500.jpg

therooster2001

Did the block heater. While it was easy. it was a little more at the bottom of the block than the 5-ton. When I punched it out, I totally soaked myself with antifreeze. Well, it's in, and will use it tomorrow. It's only 35 degrees spec'd at 6am tomorrow, but I'll try it out.

rcamacho

Did the block heater. While it was easy. it was a little more at the bottom of the block than the 5-ton. When I punched it out, I totally soaked myself with antifreeze. Well, it's in, and will use it tomorrow. It's only 35 degrees spec'd at 6am tomorrow, but I'll try it out.
Yeah this is on my long list as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therooster2001

Do it before it gets too cold! $23 shipped is too cheap to pass up. Your HMMWV will love you for it. Got it on 'the Bay'. Kat's 11612, 41mm frost plug heater. 12:00 position. Will report back tomorrow how it behaves..

therooster2001

I said I'd report back. Well, it's a block heater. I only got to run it for .5 an hour, and it didn't lift the temp needle, but it started up at 37 degrees with no smoke, so better than no heat. And no leaks is the best part. Just be ready with a bucket for the extra bit of antifreeze that won't drain from the petcock when the frost plug gets knocked out. Maybe a half of gallon.

NormB

LOL'd at that.

Who knew when you drained the antifreeze there was STILL another gallon or more in the block?

I didn't either.

Wire Fox

I think I should order one of these...I have my final coolant hoses and passenger heater valve in-hand now and need to do the final drain and fill on my coolant system...with it already drained would be a beautiful time to throw in a block heater, since I should need to open this back up for another two years.

rcamacho

Cadillac valve isolator.
Very effective in silencing the pronounced hiss they often generate with the solid mount.

Common Fernco coupler or any 2” id hose segment will do. Slotted to accommodate the valve fittings.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cadillac valve isolator.
Very effective in silencing the pronounced hiss they often generate with the solid mount.

Common Fernco coupler or any 2” id hose segment will do. Slotted to accommodate the valve fittings.

Looks nice! I just rolled up a couple big postal service rubber bands under mine.

Bdgr

ari

Replaced my flywheel the teeth where ground pretty bad I used bolts to slide it back to get some room to work. also took the starter apart and replaced the bendix gear getting that gear out was a B.
IMAG1514.jpg IMAG1519.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks