• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I expect to have a few sets of soft half doors at the Graves Mountain Rally Labor Day Weekend. Green only, and only one 4 door set due to material availability.
Bulldogger

shawnshumvee

not trying to nitpick, but why does the humvee have marker lights on the windshield?

Simply put, I like the look. Many year ago when I first seen the H1 i fell in love with the H1 and I just think the 3 amber light look Bad A$$! The Humvee you see in the showboard in not an H1 model painted cammo. That is a picture of my Humvee. No special effect no nothing.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simply put, I like the look. Many year ago when I first seen the H1 i fell in love with the H1 and I just think the 3 amber light look Bad A$$! The Humvee you see in the showboard in not an H1 model painted cammo. That is a picture of my Humvee. No special effect no nothing.
Of all the aftermarket "improvements" , the amber lights seem pretty benign in the scheme of things. They look good to me....

JoeJrTheBarber

I also think the clearance lights on the H1 are badass and am in process of adding them (same style / placement) on my M998.
It's your truck, do with it as you want !

shawnshumvee

I also think the clearance lights on the H1 are badass and am in process of adding them (same style / placement) on my M998.
It's your truck, do with it as you want !
  • Thanks. Yes the clearance lights are AWESOME! I mean even AM General thought so. In my opinion the clearance lights just look like they were meant to be! How can something that is so bad A$$ be so wrong/ "NOT NORMAL?" Just my 2 cents. But hey you're not to far from me, around 100 miles.

Last edited:

shawnshumvee

Getting ready for a upcoming car show, so i gave the humvee a bath and took a few up dated Pictures.
The custom Humvee banner will be placed behind the humvee while at shows. i also made a show board for the original humvee cargo trailer the M101A3.

IMG_8589.jpgIMG_8590.jpgIMG_8597.jpgIMG_8598.jpgIMG_8599.jpgIMG_8779.jpgIMG_8606.jpg

Dock Rocker

Getting ready for a upcoming car show, so i gave the humvee a bath and took a few up dated Pictures.
The custom Humvee banner will be placed behind the humvee while at shows. i also made a show board for the original humvee cargo trailer the M101A3.

View attachment 738874View attachment 738875View attachment 738876View attachment 738877View attachment 738878View attachment 738879View attachment 738880
You spelled hmmwv wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLK HMMWV

What data plate is on your HMMWV.
Just curious. Most all of them I've ever seen have HMMWV on them not HUMVEE
I think that's what he is getting at.
Now if yours actually has Humvee stamped or printed on it then it's a unicorn.

Nice looking truck by the way.

Last edited:

shawnshumvee

What data plate is on your HMMWV.
Just curious. Most all of them I've ever seen have HMMWV on them not HUMVEE
I think that's what he is getting at.
Now if yours actually has Humvee stamped or printed on it then it's a unicorn.

Nice looking truck by the way.
Hello BLK HMMWV its been a while. Ok, I really don't get it? what does my data plate matter?? H.M.M.W.V (High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle) Humvee for short is the way i always understood it? Humvee is a rough military acronym, no? Nevertheless, a mis spell word is an error/mistake and where did i mis spell HMMWV??. i mean i don't know if he is referring to the show board or something else? I say let Dock Rocker answer. Thanks for the complement, she is nice right down to the after market Clearance lights.

diesel dave

Clearance lights,both front and rear,are a U.S. DOT requirement on all vehicles over x amount of inches wide. I forget the the exact number. Therefore,am general would have been required to install them on all H1 Hummers. Ever wonder why all dual wheeled 1 ton pickups have them,yet their 1 ton single wheeled brothers don't?

Action

View attachment 738874View attachment 738875View attachment 738876View attachment 738877View attachment 738878View attachment 738879View attachment 738880

I thought HUMMER was like nothing else. Are you taking a logo from one thing and mixing with another?

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Wow guys, why not lay off of him? He's put a good amount of work into putting together a nice HMMWV, and you guys are grilling him over using the common trademark for the vehicle and for some reasonable customizations to it.

You're a wonderful wealth if information of helpfulness, but then there's this childlike behavior that makes this entire board look like a bunch of *******s...

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW (For What It's Worth):

The internet's WIKI for HMMWV redirects to the HUMVEE WIKI webpage. Hence, Al Gore's internet seems to think that HMMWV and HUMVEE would be synonyms. This WIKI bears a note just below its title: "This article is about the military vehicle. For the civilian vehicle brand, see Hummer."

Searching HUMMER gets you to an entirely separate (Civilian) Hummer WIKI webpage.

Jus' sayin'.

... So, I've got a song that seems to fit this discussion pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5o9XXr9FM

Jim Croce. May he rest in peace.

shawnshumvee

I thought HUMMER was like nothing else. Are you taking a logo from one thing and mixing with another?
Yes I' am doing just that! like you didn't know that. Why, is it Taboo? Is it Sacrilegious to do such a thing? I thought it was clever and most fitting! But before i explain my self any further I have a question for you. tell me this, "Is there anything like a Humvee?" I think not! A humvee is like nothing else! I believe it's fitting! Now, the H1 and Humvee are virtually the same bird, like the Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebird (not the best analogy but you know were him going with this). The H1 basically has all the comforts whereas the Humvee doesn't but the back bone, platform, bodies are the same, heck they were built side by side at Am general in Indiana which is not to far from me. You do know this to be true Action. Should we do a side by side comparison just to see how different the H1 and HMMWV are? I'm sure there won't be too "many" differences.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks