• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

suzukovich

View attachment 752453View attachment 752454View attachment 752455View attachment 752456 1st my truck
2nd condenser mounted- fabbed brackets to mount NOTE The p/s cooler has to be moved forward for condenser to fit

3rd compressor mounted with red dot kit. ( mentioned in above post)

4th drier location
Really like how it looks. But noticed that you need the ECV snout for the additional space needed or will this work with the old still hood.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

suzukovich

Where and what is foggy bottom????
Suncoast Region Static Display 10:00am- 2:00pm 12 January 2019-Saturday, 5th Anniversary Boggy Bottom Auto Show 2, Lipton’s BBQ Ranch, 8407 Lupton Place, Plant City, FL. Boggy Bottom Auto Show is an annual one of a kind car show in Plant City Florida. Hosted by Tampa Wax Slingers and food catered by Lupton's Restaurants and Catering Services. Registration fee always includes your BBQ Buffet & Drinks. FCC CON Douglas Suzukovich suzunbc@gmail.com 813-361-7849

Also new project

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Gear Report

Lots more done the past few days. The biggest two were...
Installed the Turret
Gear-Report_HMMWV_M1045A2_humvee_hummer_turret_ibis_tek_bumper_suplemental_armor_doors-9.jpg

Installed the Ibis Tek Low Profile Protective front bumper
Gear-Report_HMMWV_M1045A2_humvee_hummer_Ibis_Tech_Low_Profile_Protective_Front_bumper_install-29.jpg
And other stuff... https://gear-report.com/p/6cb

The Ibis Tek spare tire carrier with freshly fabricated mounting brackets should be delivered today. :)

shawnshumvee

Have Been doing a lot to the Humvee. First, I finally broke down and swapped out my O.E.M headlamps for some LED ones. I think they look Great! A big thanks to Midwest Military equipment. Next I installed my safety switch panel. Look's Bad A$$. I always loved the look and action of these safety toggle switches. And finally, installed external (under the hood) oil gauge and fuel pressure gauge. Seen this from a fellow member and thought it was clever and useful. The good news is, my original Military gauge is reading correct. The O.E.M gauge is in harmony with the new Marshall gauge. Next i will be installing 2 volt gauges 1 for my 12 volt consumption and the other for the 24 volt consumption.

IMG_5993.jpgIMG_3735.jpgIMG_2618.jpgIMG_6796.jpgIMG_3327.jpgIMG_1322.jpgIMG_7919.jpgIMG_7211.jpgIMG_0364.jpgIMG_7017.jpgIMG_9829.jpgIMG_2827.jpgIMG_8771.jpgIMG_7382.jpgIMG_1020.jpgIMG_4482.jpgIMG_5249.jpg

ari

View attachment 752457View attachment 752458View attachment 752459View attachment 752460 5th drier mounted
6th Plastic panel made for a cleaner look. Hide a/c hoses and electrics. ( held in place with Velcro)

7th radio shelf leg has 4" added at an angle to clear blower motor vs. doghouse

8th a/c hoses run along frame rail and enter through old radio wiring hole.

I left enough a/c hose to tilt or remove radio shelf incase dog house needs to be removed.

Lots of time and fab went into this so it would be as user friendly as possible.

Tried to keep it as if the military installed it.
thanks for posting that its a nice set up looks 10x better than the alternative

BenDeez

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the humvee on the highway today, first time since the 6.5 turbo went in. Drove almost 50 miles, ran great, sounded great, I couldn't have been happier

Then a connecting rod blew through the oil pan.

I don't know if I want to scream or cry

ari

Took the humvee on the highway today, first time since the 6.5 turbo went in. Drove almost 50 miles, ran great, sounded great, I couldn't have been happier

Then a connecting rod blew through the oil pan.

I don't know if I want to scream or cry
That blows. Out of curiosity how fast where you going when it happened?

suzukovich

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's how you stay warm in a HMMWV in winter.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
They forgot to show the hot coco.

I used to drive my old Diesel LandCruiser at -40. I found the best thing was to pre-heat with a 110V internal heater AND use a block heater. Once interior is warm, it tends to stay warm even with the tiniest of stock heaters. As the engine starts off warm, it keeps you cozy. If you start out a drive with a cold engine and cold interior, you get too cold to warm up even with heater at full blast IMHO.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going around the body sealing holes and other access spots for wind to come through. Wind whistles through the hole in the tunnel for the parking brake mount, for instance. I've packed around it but am going to make a boot for it I think. Using black plastic hole plugs wherever I see the opportunity for them and will be making a few larger ones on my 3D printer once I get off my duff and CAD them up.
Every little bit helps.
BDGR

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks