• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes but if its switched on it goes 150 and leaves there with running vents. I’ll check it!

mdes0

Where did you get t he boots from? Were they a kit? I tried replacement shafts from flee bay and both leak grease, have to replace the clamps... Figured I would replace the boots on the front shafts.
Thanks,
Matt

Another cv boot replacement. 3/4 done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M99821T

Had a good week. Fresh coat of paint on the body and touched up the running gear. New top and rear curtain. Assembled the doors and hung them this morning but I need to fine tune them a bit. Light bars mounted but still need to wire them up.
Which paint did you use? Looks really nice. I need to do the same.

rcamacho

Where did you get t he boots from? Were they a kit? I tried replacement shafts from flee bay and both leak grease, have to replace the clamps... Figured I would replace the boots on the front shafts.
Thanks,
Matt
I looked up the correct boots from various suppliers and sourced from ebay. Cheap but a bit of work.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Your rake looks good from this angle. Are you trying to level it out? Not so sure that would be the ideal set up if you plan to load it up some or tow. What are you doing to change it ?

With folding shovel under the seat, CAM

Dock Rocker

So Dock, tell us how?
Nothing special. Just some spring spacers that go on top of the coil springs. I picked them up from Matt Speed at customer m combat trucks a year or so ago. Just now getting around to putting them on.

Your rake looks good from this angle. Are you trying to level it out? Not so sure that would be the ideal set up if you plan to load it up some or tow. What are you doing to change it ?

With folding shovel under the seat, CAM
The rake is a little worse in person than it looks in the picture. There is not much chance I will so anything else to it. I don’t want to do a body lift and the 12k Springs don’t sound good for my back. I may toss a couple of sand bags in the back to help a little with traction this winter. That will be the extent of it.

Next up hanging the front winch and plumbing up the rear winch.

Wire Fox

View attachment 738583

New wheels and tires.
Black Rhino Armory 20’s w/ Toyo Open Country R/T’s
Very cool look! For fancy wheels, those aren't priced too bad! I might get a set some day specifically for street use of a more economical tire. Still want to keep the 12/24 bolt 2 piece rims with run flats for any kind of rough stuff, though.

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Dock Rocker

Anyone know a good place to get tube doors for my M998? Thanks!
Actual tube doors never existed in the wild. Some people have fabricated them but they are one off pieces. Some people recently are cutting down soft door frames and making half doors let me get you where you need to be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks