• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Wire Fox

Good looking install !

Just a word of CAUTION....
DO NOT USE THE CAT as a BRUSH GUARD ! ! !
It's actually an IED early warning system.

Also, did some stuff today. Reinstalled my driver seat, the rear curtain, and fixed my brake light switch (out of adjustment). Then took it on a little cross town trip to pick up a server cabinet.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

rcamacho

Replaced CDR breather tube, PO used an incorrect hose that collapsed under vacuum.

Re-sealed Plan B 4 man rear panel. Drilled (6) 10-32 retaining screws at the bottom of the panel to keep vibration/movement from blowing out the seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DREDnot

Got a bunch accomplished today.

Fluid servicing commenced.
Did the Vampire disease double bypass and got my Baja tires mounted up. Finally, no more lump-lump tires

DSCN8092.jpg

DSCN8108.jpg

DSCN8066.jpg

DSCN8125.jpg

Last edited:

Tnkr59

Alternator is rebuilt and putting out 28v, I like seeing that Volt meter running in the green!
Took it out for a quick spin, and at -2F the heater is definitely struggling! 🥶

84D4F56F-6B5D-4E00-9035-00F029438D5B.jpg87D8F632-9789-4A9A-9059-B5F8F9CA35AB.jpg

Last edited:

DREDnot

Finally did the drivers high back install.

DSCN8184.jpg

Found a fire extinguisher that fit this high zoot mount(MRAP?)

DSCN8189.jpg
DSCN8191.jpg

Touched up the tailgate and added the conspicuity tape.

DSCN8181.jpg

ShastaTrans

Northern Cali(redding) just got smashed by a heavy snowstorm so I got to test them out in 8-10 inches of heavy thick snow that is total slush on the bottom. They work great. I even hit some standing water pools traveling 55'ish and they ran right thru it without Hydroplaning20190213_103256.jpg20190213_104918.jpg
These tires run smooth and very quiet.

NormB

D21572AE-9239-448A-BC5B-4A64CDD4477D.jpg93480CFC-7939-4B84-999B-17A58D7ED6DD.jpg
Finally got around to mounting a 2” trailer hitch so I’d have something to mount last years Christmas present - a tailgater deterrence device.

Milled out a 1/2x3” notch on the bottom of the reinforcement plate, then 3/8” off the pintle cone so the nut would seat.

This’ll come in handy when I get the truck down to the farm in TN to haul a trailer around.

In past weeks I’ve cleaned connections and replaced packard connector rubber on the headlight buckets and inside the hood, cleaned, painted and replaced bolts on the cover plates there, replaced the hood rubber seal (windshield edge), removed, cleaned, painted latch hardware, few other things like the rock stopper grills over the LED lights (cheap insurance, was a kit from amazon dot com, made some aluminum brackets and just held ‘em in place with zip ties for now).

9660D344-A985-4F51-94B2-F62CB5D2BFC9.jpg0A118C17-6ED4-411A-97B4-44688936BD68.jpg34CB2F25-F61F-4FCB-A545-96BC481C782D.jpg3D03C35C-A720-479B-8C45-6B5BECDE7CFB.jpg

Kind of like lipstick on a pig, but every little bit I do is antientropic, therapeutic and one more small thing out of the way before I get into changing over the alternator to the 24/12 200amp model, get the broken stud out of the head, replace belts, all that fun stuff.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Finally got around to mounting a 2” trailer hitch so I’d have something to mount last years Christmas present - a tailgater deterrence device.

Milled out a 1/2x3” notch on the bottom of the reinforcement plate, then 3/8” off the pintle cone so the nut would seat.

This’ll come in handy when I get the truck down to the farm in TN to haul a trailer around.

In past weeks I’ve cleaned connections and replaced packard connector rubber on the headlight buckets and inside the hood, cleaned, painted and replaced bolts on the cover plates there, replaced the hood rubber seal (windshield edge), removed, cleaned, painted latch hardware, few other things.

Kind of like lipstick on a pig, but every little bit I do is antientropic, therapeutic and one more small thing out of the way before I get into changing over the alternator to the 24/12 200amp model, get the broken stud out of the head, replace belts, all that fun stuff.

I purchased the Airbumper towing extension for my slantback as a great towing item BUT ALSO AS AN ANTI-TAILGATE DEVICE. Can hardly wait to install it. I have had experience as a rear ended driver a few times in the great city of Metropolis.

Some aggressive drivers tailgated and then hit their brakes too late when I was driving my old Durango with custom steel bumbers. I had scratched paint that required sanding and spraying. The first genius had an entire front clip that needed replacement including A/C and radiator. He also had to pay for paint to my vehicle. The second genius tried to park his new Mercedes behind me and was parking by feel. I watched as he popped his 500 clam headlight. He then proceeded to blame me, but the hospital camera caught it all. He also paid for my repainting of my scratched bumper.

I have noticed that most drivers seem to avoid the HMMWV when driving, and when it is parked. On the highway it might be because I'm limited to under 45MPH, so I stay in the right lane. When parked though, they also avoid the vehicle and leave plenty of room front and back. Not sure why, but I like it.

The rear hitch extension does not have the panache of your Claymore, but also unlikely to injure people in friendly fire incidents.

Please let me know where you purchased the Claymore. Me thinks I want one too. It looks terrific. [EDIT - I found the item on that auction site]

Best,

T

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks