• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Wire Fox

Replaced my flywheel the teeth where ground pretty bad I used bolts to slide it back to get some room to work. also took the starter apart and replaced the bendix gear getting that gear out was a B.
View attachment 745949 View attachment 745953
Pretty smart to use the long bolts to keep the transmission lined up for easy replacement. Good work!

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty smart to use the long bolts to keep the transmission lined up for easy replacement. Good work!

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
I second that ingenuity. I'm going to file that away mentally for future use! Thanks for sharing it.
BDGR

rcamacho

Diagnosed high resistance to windshield wiper motor. PO replaced unit with new assembly but it was running slow and would stall. Power jumper to 24v showed perfect operation.

Suspect high resistance through windshield contact ( NSN 5999-01-183-9530) but did not have time to trace wiring today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dock Rocker

Got the jack rails and the new tire carrier installed yesterday. Now i have to move my backup camera / rear view mirror and my tag.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I washed off racoon poo. Seriously.

Hood soiled on the passenger's side. High pressure jet took care of the scat.

Then I came up with a plan...

I covered the car inside and out with ground chili pepper. Then I waited.

The masked villain returned, climbed back on the hood took a few sniffs, winced, licked its paws, yelped, and suddenly ran off.

Next I'm gonna borrow my neighbors Chow Chow [dog]. It's an alarm with sharp teeth.

That masked bandit is gonna rue the day he messed with me.

Just to be careful, I made sure the wiring is intact and not chewed up. I also made sure there are no nesting materials under the hood or wheel wells.

Wrong time of year to relocate an animal as it won't have a den and it might die. If the rascal doesn't go away I'll get animal control to relocate him in spring.

In other states a 22 longarm might be an option, but the bleeding hearts in New York City might stage a protest and light up the "Twitterverse". ;-)

On a more serious note - I prepped for installing my "new-to-me" military Warn winch. I prepared for installation of my new Centramatics wheel balancing devices. Then templated for the roof rack I'm gonna build. Lugged out the airlift brackets I've had in storage and might try to install the airlift rear bumper this weekend if the rain isn't that bad.

Last edited:

rcamacho

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/132386100514

Door latch shim plates. Two of the holes were not correctly placed which required hand fitting/milling to fit.

Otherwise well made and solved my door latch issues. Have to say it’s a night and day difference having the shim plates in and properly adjusted doors. Easy open/close...

Last edited:

rcamacho

Replaced heater duct hoses. It’s nice to have heat and defrost now.

Replaced doghouse dzus springs. It’s much quieter with the engine cover fully tightened down.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed/Flushed the fluid and filter in the TH400. I was surprised how clean the pan was when I pulled it off. Hardly anything in it at all. Maybe the mileage on the odometer was right after all.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove it to the poling station to vote.

Identified areas of rain leak, will remove hard top and replace seals in spring.

Replaced a few hoses that were leaking. Turns out the power steering pump was not the culprit! Nice cheap fix.

Purchased and dry fitted winter chains to ensure she will get through a blizzard.

Purchased and dry fitted a roof rack that will require mods to deal with turret. Once done I will post pics.

I made room in the battery box for the 24 Volt starter/charger device to safely sit until needed. Purchased a NATO plug to allow me to use my new-to-me 24 Volt trickle charger and 24 Volt starter on those cold Winter days where I forgot to turn off the lights.

Bought and now use parking chocks, (the E-brake either does not work or needs adjustment).

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks