• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

DREDnot

Finally took it out for a proper shakedown.
Came right to the edge of getting stuck...it took some doing though.
Beastly machine stock.

53208710_10217053049231631_5110521687896489984_n.jpg

DSCN8526.jpg

Last edited:

McSpeed

Installed a ground kit - and wired up the relay and switch for a water tank in the bed we use for burning fields. Found my no-start - no wait light issue...TSU sensor came apart. But, I rigged it up and got it running - couldn't let a snow storm get passed me without doing some Humvee donuts. Mission accomplished.

Also pulled a stranded car off the side of the road. Young lady had more Mary Jane in that car than a whole smoke shop. Probably saved her from Johnny Law with all that on her person where she was stuck.

McSpeed

Installed a super cool dual volt gauge. $13 plus a pocket door handle plug and slipped it where the airfilter gauge goes. 39156500-A2FC-4D5C-8745-0C3E69809635.jpg

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I pulled my air filter restriction gauge to run a pyrometer I just tied it up and let it dangle behind the dash. It still works, I just have to get down and twist my head to look at it.
Bulldogger

infidel got me

align.jpgalign1.jpgalign2.jpg Aligned the old girl myself today as none of the local hacks could or wanted to... Saved a ton of money and it came out perfect. Best of all I did have to bring it back 6 times to get it fixed right!!!!!

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter

JoeJrTheBarber

Whatever. Your the one that asked the question. they put the thing there for a reason.
It wasn't "a question" really more of a statement.
These trucks are just like Jeeps or a hot rod, they can be built in whatever way the owner who paid for it deems the correct way.
Your the same type of guy who at a car show sits behind his $200,000 GTO in a lawn chair and watches to make sure people don't touch it.

To each their own my friend. No truck needs to be exact.
Those tires on your truck didn't come that way from AM General so ?

BLK HMMWV

You don't even know me so don't start thinking you do.
Most of the guys that own military vehicles don't like me when we are at a car show or a parade because I'm the only one that lets kids climb all over my truck .
Those tires came on my truck when I bought it 20 years ago when the picture was taken.
Truck doesn't even look like that anymore.
It has 24 bolt rims and MTA tires on it now

Just so you know this symbol ? is called a question mark.
You used it at the end of your sentence.
That makes the sentence into a question

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
A BIG DIY shout out to Infidel, :grd:

YES you can and save while you learn. All along as with my other MVs, it's a DYI project. The minute you show up at a shop (paint, electrical, mechanical, even a oil change in your green machine it is like "OH HMMWV' must have big bucks. Well yes and mostly NO.

Story time... I changed all... ALL of anything that hangs from the frame. Control arms, springs, shocks, bushings, tie & radius rods, ball joints, etc. including 150 bucks in new bolts, nuts & washers.

When it came time to do the alignment, which was WAY wack now, I read the book and thorough it through. No fancy tools. tape measure, a long and short piece of square tubing, small protractor, level and my trusty creeper.

Working it all out, it's all shims and patience. Jack it up, pull it apart, take some out, put it back together, let it down, drive it around, measure and do it again with patience. The TM details how much and which shims adjust what, but for a first timer, I had to get the feel of it all. After the forth time camber, caster, toes in or out were in tolerance with extra parts "Uh-o" a stack of extra shims!

The reward/s are worth the experience. After all it is a hobby so it should be fun, right? The difference in rolling / coasting / off the line are day and night. Tire wear right down the center, even Steven, if that's a tire thing. Wobble, bobble, shake & shimmy NONE.
I don't see how a shop could or even would touch one for on the cheap, so you got a HUMMWV $$$$

Mine came with a life time guaranteed too, CAMO

Snap shots in no particular order>
211.jpg
069.jpg
P2010129.jpg
039.jpg036.jpg038.jpg047.jpg211.jpg

216.jpgthe old stuff to scrap yard050.jpg
153.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks