• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

FFesco

Yesterday i finally finished the heat/sound deadening of the top and finished the headliner(ran out of adhesive so it slowed me down, not to mention it has been raining 40 days and 40 nights!!). re-installed the overhead console, came out pretty decent. hadn't started it in weeks batteries were low, but cranked right over so I will be watching for that.
View attachment 758381
Wow looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wire Fox

Bought a pair of doors for $10 that had the stitching blown out. Last night, I spent a few hours to stitch up the one I need more. A nice before and after are attached.

Edit: just need to clean it up and give the window a little polish so that it's like-new in clarity. This is really going to be better than my old door that's literally got a huge hole out of the window and multiple cracks!

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

28257f3452fcd234f76349476a35d306.jpg56f7bd5e0e7d780bfbeb36fd0be7ec1d.jpg

Last edited:

NormB

Some of you might find this interesting follow on to my post about breaking my truck.

I did some work with lighting and mirrors and a dewalt electric drill with a left-hand drill to get that broken stud out. I’d loosened one of the header bolts and I could turn it with thumb and index finger so I figured if I could just get a hole started in the remnant, maybe it would back out.

WHAT. A. PAIN.

C1B606C8-721D-41D4-ACF7-39C3D48261A5.jpg

But it worked.

4FE5C7C4-5664-483D-8D3F-18AFA2486F9F.jpg
Got a good look at the 7/32” hole I’d made in the head into the water jacket. You can barely see it in this photo at bottom:

4FCB7A57-E8DF-49DB-8177-074D483F53CC.jpg

Used a steel sharp probe to figure the angle and depth.

8A11C5A6-7A8B-46DF-9726-CFDEDFCA9842.jpg

Looked up some tap/die numbers and figured hey, it’s low pressure (15psi), so I used a 6-32 tap to thread the hole (all 1/4” of it (used dychem on the tap), bought a 6-32 x 3/16 set screw at local ace hdwr store which will be glued in place with red high-temp threadlock. New bolt I’ll put in place and the set screw will run interference with the bolt (it ain’t gonna back out) and it it SHOULD leak, I’ve got a pack of those GM turmeric, ginger, pecan candies to drop into the water reservoir to seal.

Installed the “Paradox by Design” setup while I was at it, and changed the oil sender ‘cause I’d been getting weird oil pressure numbers since I’ve owned the truck, had replaced the gauge and got same weirdness (like sometimes idle would be around 15, driving 40-60, sometimes idle pressure wouldn’t drop).

Got the pulley off the power steering pump, pulled the pump and cleaned the bracket. Will hit it with some 383 spray paint tomorrow. Going to put in a new pump.

Enough for one morning, I think. Then I replace bent wheels...

Got a line on an August 2000 6.5L NA engine - ready to assemble, cheap. Going to post about it elsewhere for feedback.

therooster2001

Moved it around while jockeying space in the garage, and discovered a transmission oil drop about a dime size and a diesel drop about a quarter that appears to be around the tank. Truck has been sitting in that spot for about two months. Inspection time..

rcamacho

Replaced throttle pedal bushings.

Adjusted throttle cable - wow what a difference. The cable is significantly stretched and needs replacement. It’s nice to have nearly full power now.

Finished paracord wrap of steering wheel. After testing out a few different patterns I chose a basic round lashing as I prefer the feel over other styles.

https://www.animatedknots.com/lashround/index.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

infidel got me

Dele16, the weird thing is that the Humvee horn worked when it wanted to- now that I have the second horn wired in, the original horn works every time. ????? I chased the problem since I've had the truck. I did wire the new horn through my 12v fuse panel, with a horn button. So now I use the wimpy forklift-- meep meep horn and if that don't work I blast em' with the second one!!!!! Hey, I try to be nice.... lol

Duff ace

Got a 1102 trailer golf cart barely fits

Also had Train horns installed, jl audio speaker set up with Amp, ac compressor hookup, and center console carpet

I'll post more pics later IMG-20190322-WA0029.jpegIMG-20190322-WA0030.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ShastaTrans

12339504 is the number for the arms... not sure on blades, nothing special 11 inch blade you can buy at most parts stores.
I got entire set up from the big auction site. Searched HMMWV updated windshield wiper arm
Thanks, I've been wanting to upgrade them just haven't had the time to find the part number.

90Jimmy

What removal tool did you use for the wiper arms. Mine are stuck on there like they were cemented in place.
I used a screw driver handled angled pick...wish I knew what you call it. Had to climb up on the tire and get above the arm to see. It takes prying out on the tab, while prying the arm off the attachment point. Not difficult just awkward.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks