• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

McSpeed

Used mine as a mobile power and tool station to build more bases for my son’s air soft close quarters combat zone in the backyard. View attachment 763054View attachment 763055
So.....EVERYTHING (other than the kid and Humvee) in these pictures is now GONE! Massive rain and floods - washed it all away.

But, we see piles of pallets here and there down the creek and fields from our property. Once the ground dries up, will load the Humvee and go retrieve what we can out of the other properties. At least that will be a fun adventure. My kid is bummed.

Wire Fox

So.....EVERYTHING (other than the kid and Humvee) in these pictures is now GONE! Massive rain and floods - washed it all away.

But, we see piles of pallets here and there down the creek and fields from our property. Once the ground dries up, will load the Humvee and go retrieve what we can out of the other properties. At least that will be a fun adventure. My kid is bummed.
Oh man, sorry to hear about the loss. I used to love getting into airsoft skirmishes year ago right up until it seemed that all of my gear broke down at the same time. I really want to get back into it some day (still have all my gear) and have a real blast rolling out the HMMWV onto the field for some added "scenario flavor."

McSpeed

Oh man, sorry to hear about the loss. I used to love getting into airsoft skirmishes year ago right up until it seemed that all of my gear broke down at the same time. I really want to get back into it some day (still have all my gear) and have a real blast rolling out the HMMWV onto the field for some added "scenario flavor."
I know what you mean. The Humvee is a real bonus (but I take the soft doors and roll up the canvas to protect the soft windows from damage). We have done a game play where the boys (15 and 16) under my supervision "SLOWLY" bring the humvee across the field and "run out of fuel" They then have to take a couple of old bleach bottles out of the bed and carry them to the base and refill and back without getting hit.

I have an M4 AEG and an AK47 AEG Contractor edition (I wish they really made one like this for real). I enjoy getting out there when they have an odd number of players and need somebody. My son has all sorts of AEGs and just bought his first gas powered pistol.

The realism on the weapons is amazing - down to the weight and feel.

On any given good weather day, my yard looks like a war zone with all these boys in full gear hiding behind trees and rushing the field.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

So sorry for your flooding damage and losses.
Praying for all impacted by this year's spring thawing events.
Keep us posted on your progress (and any antics).

Carry on.

Wire Fox

I know what you mean. The Humvee is a real bonus (but I take the soft doors and roll up the canvas to protect the soft windows from damage). We have done a game play where the boys (15 and 16) under my supervision "SLOWLY" bring the humvee across the field and "run out of fuel" They then have to take a couple of old bleach bottles out of the bed and carry them to the base and refill and back without getting hit.

I have an M4 AEG and an AK47 AEG Contractor edition (I wish they really made one like this for real). I enjoy getting out there when they have an odd number of players and need somebody. My son has all sorts of AEGs and just bought his first gas powered pistol.

The realism on the weapons is amazing - down to the weight and feel.

On any given good weather day, my yard looks like a war zone with all these boys in full gear hiding behind trees and rushing the field.
I personally own a VFC Mk16Mod0 SCAR-L. It's absurd how closely they replicated this to the real thing, right down to barrel take-down and receiver disassembly. I got a chance to handle one just before they released them to the public and had a guy on base laughing when I knew exactly how to take it apart and put it back together with no instruction or stumbles. I also snagged up an M249 Para from a friend, which again has some absurd realism. It's close enough that some of the forend parts are interchangeable, and I was able to slap an actual M249 box mag right on with no fitment issues. I'm looking forward to one day making that M249 a very cool display piece for shows. Really just needs a short belt of some dummy rounds and a pintle (which it's ready to accept) and it'll look just like the real thing.

NormB

It must be hard living in fear of such trivial things.
Wow.

Arrogance. Ignorance. Condescension. Folly of youth.

If you’ve never known anyone to go through what USAFSS-ColdWarrior is describing, have never sat through depositions in personal injury cases, never known anyone to lose their life savings defending themselves in such a case, lose their house, marriage, job, etc., have never READ about such a thing, you’re living a sheltered life to compete with Congresswoman Lexi Occasional-Cortex’ magical thinking ideology.

Shameful that you’d express such irreverent flippancy in a forum like this aimed at someone with the credentials of the good reverend.

”Fear” has nothing to do with it. Understanding lawyers and how insurance works is a good place to start.

I’d ask you to apologize to him - and those of us who have direct experience seeing such cases proceed (I’ve been expert witness several dozen times in state courts on personal injury cases as he’s described. They’re brutal, and no deep pocket goes unprobed where liability is at issue), but I’m certain you’re beyond such trivialities.

Jeez.

Weller

Today I discovered there's a compartment under the drivers seat (only took me 4 years) and it was full of nicely laminated maps (covered in dirt).

20190503_170003.jpg

Last edited:

therooster2001

Well, I guess I made some new friends. Found this note tucked in on the door hinge.

57875969449__929D9FE2-2FE7-4F9A-9AB0-113DCD7368FA.jpg
57875970071__23A8D40F-0F1D-4B3E-A402-25EF2E192A4C.jpg

Truck is parked on the road, registered and insured.

Don’t you just love your neighbors?

And that isn’t nail polish on my thumb! Slammed it in the car door trying to close it carefully so I wouldn’t wake the wife when I left early.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went through this with my HOA. My vehicle is clean and properly insured and registered, so I threatened the HOA with a law suit for harassment They saw the light and told the neighbor in question to stop.

As far as your issue...

An anonymous note is a cowards way out.

They probably don't appreciate the fine dulcid tones of GM Diesel engines.

This is certainly a Diesel engine noise thing.

Stay tough and don't worry.

If your vehicle is not running, then insure and register it, and they will be powerless.

Last edited:

RichDane

I have already plugged in a 4L80, which is the best one thing you can do for your M998, my opinion of course. I have upgraded to from a 60 Amp Alternator to a 200.... serpentine belts....Thank God for TM print outs and Chris in Bucks County PA for his guidance in doing this engine swap...... Miss my toy....Antifreeze in the oil forced me to give this truck a new heart....should seem the copper filings in the pan, wouldn't have lasted much longer along with the sludge built up with the oil and antifreeze mix....did a test run halfway through the install... 40 pounds of oil pressure built up just when using the starter on the new motor. Will be buttoning up the rest during the week....Thanks again Chris...your the man !!!!Humvee heart surgery.jpg

springer1981

Well, I guess I made some new friends. Found this note tucked in on the door hinge.

View attachment 763831
View attachment 763832

And that isn’t nail polish on my thumb! Slammed it in the car door trying to close it carefully so I wouldn’t wake the wife when I left early.
Consider a preemptive strike, contact the HOA and file a complaint that someone is leaving litter and threatening notes on your legal, registered vehicle.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 763831
View attachment 763832

Sounds like it's time to become VERY familiar with your HOA's ByLaws, Rules and Covenants.
Do you know a good attorney?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks