• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

JoeJrTheBarber

JTB- Looking at your back curtain, did you do away with the rear seatbelts, or did you relocate them??? I want to do the same curtain in mine, only with a 5 ton or deuce winder..
We ditched the factory shoulder belts so I cold have a "clean back wall" for better words. We are installing some Ebay sourced lap belts offa CJ Jeep for the two rear seats.
No one barely rides in the back of this thing anyways but it will be nice to not kill whoever does with no belts, o a lap belt is better then nothing..

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We ditched the factory shoulder belts so I cold have a "clean back wall" for better words. We are installing some Ebay sourced lap belts offa CJ Jeep for the two rear seats.
No one barely rides in the back of this thing anyways but it will be nice to not kill whoever does with no belts, o a lap belt is better then nothing..
This way when you look through the rear view mirror to watch oncoming traffic you don't need to see all that stuff.

Oh.....Wait......:profl

[Seriously, shoulder belts lessen abdominal injuries from lap belt only restraints. Speaking as a surgeon who takes trauma call. I would love to try to convince you to replace the shoulder belts my friend. ]:soapbox:

JoeJrTheBarber

This way when you look through the rear view mirror to watch oncoming traffic you don't need to see all that stuff.

Oh.....Wait......:profl
Since I don't have a back window anymore (see below) the camera will act as my "rear view mirror".
Back .jpg
No back window = no rear view mirror hence the Back up camera being used as such.
Is this not a good setup in your eyes ?
I am confused..

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a joke

Since I don't have a back window anymore (see below) the camera will act as my "rear view mirror".
View attachment 758164
No back window = no rear view mirror hence the Back up camera being used as such.
Is this not a good setup in your eyes ?
I am confused..
I’m aware of your setup, hence the joke about a rear view mirror and such.

That’s why I put the laughing emojis.

Sorry to confuse.

t

DREDnot

Made a little steel plate to mount a magnetic interior light

DSCN8593.jpg

DSCN8596.jpg

DSCN8600.jpg

Cut up an old floormat to insulate the center of the tunnel where the wood was.

DSCN8613.jpg

DSCN8623.jpg

Tilted the drivers seat back a little

DSCN8616.jpg

Started mounting up my 4 man cargo divider brackets

DSCN8606.jpg

DSCN8609.jpg

DSCN8614.jpg

DSCN8610.jpg

spoonsc1

Yesterday i finally finished the heat/sound deadening of the top and finished the headliner(ran out of adhesive so it slowed me down, not to mention it has been raining 40 days and 40 nights!!). re-installed the overhead console, came out pretty decent. hadn't started it in weeks batteries were low, but cranked right over so I will be watching for that.
File Mar 17, 9 50 18 AM.jpg

rcamacho

Yesterday i finally finished the heat/sound deadening of the top and finished the headliner(ran out of adhesive so it slowed me down, not to mention it has been raining 40 days and 40 nights!!). re-installed the overhead console, came out pretty decent. hadn't started it in weeks batteries were low, but cranked right over so I will be watching for that.
View attachment 758381
What process/products did you use for the floor/firewall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spoonsc1

rcamacho,
I went with a 70 or 80 mil butyl rubber, foil backed mat. roll it on with a small wooden roller after cleaning the surfaces good and degreasing.
I used a black colored foil for the floor since some will be exposed at places I don't have black carpet, which came out pretty decent.
all the carpet and insulation was completed previously, so I only have replace the original foil/bubble wrap insulation at the front seats forward and all foot well areas so far, and the entire roof.(which is a one piece custom aluminum sheet).
the sun still makes it pretty warm to the touch, even with the carpet headliner on, but it is a gun metal gray surface so it will be hot no matter what.

As far as the sound it is no longer like driving an empty beer can down the road. knocking on the side of the foot well is definitely more solid.
File Mar 17, 7 23 11 PM.jpg

riderdan

Installed the remote controlled spotlight I got off ebay. Mounted in an antenna-mount box, but that's what I had available.

remote-spot.jpg

Here's an animated gif of it in action

spotlight.gif

Controlled by an inop turret joystick--I replaced the guts with an arcade control joystick.

joystick.jpg

Crapgame

Its a "Fall Mat", a pad placed around the beds of invalids and the infirmed in long term care and rehabilitation facilities. It was left in the truck by previous owner.

FFesco

Fabricating a center console for my m998

Check my Instagram out for a time lapse video

Instagram: FranMar.NYC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks