• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

It helps some. But the plan is to spray in dbSkin under it once spring comes and the weather gets nice. That should get it quieted down alot. I also have a bunch of Hush Mat to still put in.

sully199

What I did in my hmmwv was to put dynamat down, then I went to a Marine store and purchased 1 inch thick diesal boat engine compartment insulation, and under the hood I got the dynamat for under hood. Now I can have a conversation, talk on the phone etc, and I believe it all cost about $550. Great investment.

Replaced glow plugs because I had four bad ones and one stuck. Used a glow plug remover tool I borrowed from a friend because the vise grip and screw driver trick didn't work. I went ahead and ordered one from JJ didn't think to order from Kascar. Now it starts great. I know Texas doesn't have the hard winters but the glow plugs don't know the difference. Replaced old version gun mount with newer version.

Yesterday I installed a fording stack and "4720011945338 - HOSE,PREFORMED".
I removed the vertical duckbill section of the air cleaner cap's shield assembly off of the shield and trimmed the lip off so the fording stack would fit through with some clearance.
It was necessary to use a press to recenter the rubber bushing in the top stack mount. Putting hose clamps on the rubber elbow was a PITA.

20151231_131402.jpg

I then put the M998 on the lift and two expert mechanics checked the hubs for some noise I heard while moving it around. RF is a bit louder than the others.
Pulled the wheels, and was happy the lugs were not over-torqued. Drained the hubs, the mechanics said the gear oil was looking fine.
The LR hub plug had a few tiny metal bits on the magnet. The mechanics were not too worried.

I had filled the diesel last week and had it parked outside so I never noticed there appears to be a small leak in the filler line that wet from the rubber section of the filler and down the fuel tank.
The power steering return line appears to have a leak, I'll tighten those fittings the next time I dig into it to see if that eliminates it. I'll do that when I do the belts.

20151231_165544.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I began removing the 2 man top/troop seats/exc. I'm converting my to a 4 man setup. I bought a set of seat belts, but the HMMWV had a set tucked away in the rear passenger storage area DOH! I'm also going to paint it. Got it sanded down and taped up. Should be a tad warmer here tomorrow to spray it.

10177502_1071046739584178_4724077408330917765_n.jpg1471877_1071046706250848_7678832936069246416_n.jpg10336794_1071046662917519_782547716973297761_n.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also got the under carriage protection bolted up for the diffs, tcase and fuel tank.
i always do the engine and trans last....that stuff just gets in the way. I still have to plumb in the rear A/C.

So if I shut the doors really hard they get to the second latching point. But the drivers side lock finger hits the lower area where the data plate is and MWOs hang.

I'll grab a pic tomorrow when I work on sealing between the bed and the rear divider. Gotta keep snow and water from where I plan to set a backpack...

Also does anyone know where one can find a replacement one of these:

20160102_124245.jpg

I replaced the diff and t-case fluids today. Then with the assistance of a pro - changed the belts. tightened the power steering low pressure line nut and the hose clamp on the tube. That brings my baby to 90% in my opinion. Of course the last bits are the toughest.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So if I shut the doors really hard they get to the second latching point. But the drivers side lock finger hits the lower area where the data plate is and MWOs hang.

I'll grab a pic tomorrow when I work on sealing between the bed and the rear divider. Gotta keep snow and water from where I plan to set a backpack...

Also does anyone know where one can find a replacement one of these:

View attachment 601767

if you add the wagon back cargo cover for the 4 man setup, you will have no issues with water in the truck at all.
its the only way I set my trucks up....

sully199

The early 94 hummer used the same wiper arm and blade as the hmmwv. All we did was drill out the rivet that held the wiper attachment on, and then we were able to attach the 12 inch hummer blade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks