• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Autonomy_Lost

Nice. Do you have CAD files or something like that that you might want to sale or share? Very interested in replicating with your permission of course. It looks outstanding. 👌
Yes, I have a DXF of the hatch I'm willing to share, PM me your email address. FYI it doesnt have any of the mounting holes, its only the outline. I did this on purpose so that I could test fit it and drill the holes in-place for the hinge and latches.

Also noted, my hatch has slightly more overlap than a standard hatch. I did this on purpose for better waterproofing, and I'm happy with the results.

The hinge was made with McMaster Carr p/n 15665A615, most of the fitting was done by hand (making templates, grinding, drill press, etc). The slam hatch was made from a few pieces of angle iron and bar welded together. No CAD for this, I just eyeballed it, cut it, and welded it.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I have a DXF of the hatch I'm willing to share, PM me your email address. FYI it doesnt have any of the mounting holes, its only the outline. I did this on purpose so that I could test fit it and drill the holes in-place for the hinge and latches.

Also noted, my hatch has slightly more overlap than a standard hatch. I did this on purpose for better waterproofing, and I'm happy with the results.

The hinge was made with McMaster Carr p/n 15665A615, most of the fitting was done by hand (making templates, grinding, drill press, etc). The slam hatch was made from a few pieces of angle iron and bar welded together. No CAD for this, I just eyeballed it, cut it, and welded it.
That's great. Sending you a pm with my email address. Thanks a lot.
I am working on a CAD file for aluminum doors, trying to cut them before the end of the year and if everything fits good i can share it as well.

SmartDrug

@HUMMER H1 What was involved in the taillight swap? Just a new surround and different lights? Are they Wrangler taillights?

Mine could use a new set but the LED prices are steep for the military version.

Truck looks awesome, great job so far!

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@HUMMER H1 What was involved in the taillight swap? Just a new surround and different lights? Are they Wrangler taillights?

$40 each is steep? I bought two pairs (HMMWV and M1101 trailer) here and although the seller is a bit scatterbrained at times, I got them and they're installed and working.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you! I just bought a set! That’s way better than the $700-1,000 I was seeing before.

Any chance you have a lead on fronts?
No, not for the front. I did buy two from that same website from beltfed, but on one of them there are several LEDs that don't light up.

SmartDrug

Thank you for the link! I saw a set for $65/ea but they looked questionable, the LED grid looked different than the Trucklite. Might still be worth the risk to see if they function.

HUMMER H1

those are LED commercial truck tail lights
Also used in Jeeps, hummer h1 and most other heavy duty trucks
50 bucks for a pair.

I changed it because of the looks, I prefer those, and another reason is, my humvee is 12 v electrical not 24 anymore

if I had 24 v setup I would of kept the original military taillights.

Older version of those taillights use traditional light bulbs, those can be swapped to 24v bulb and used on humvee .

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the link! I saw a set for $65/ea but they looked questionable, the LED grid looked different than the Trucklite. Might still be worth the risk to see if they function.
The nearby navy base has two trucks in their DRMO outbound with 'different' looking LED turns; bigger LEDs and fewer of them in the cluster. So apparently there's more than just Trucklite supplying them.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oil report on the DuraVee, this the second I have done, thought it was 3rd but no, CRS strikes again!!
The first one was from the original oil that was in the wrecked donor, no history on that oil.
Of course being a good report makes it worth every penny, would actually be more valuable if something was going wrong but I doubt I would feel that way :cry:
OIL.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks