• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

cla06026

That's great. Sending you a pm with my email address. Thanks a lot.
I am working on a CAD file for aluminum doors, trying to cut them before the end of the year and if everything fits good i can share it as well.
Any chance you'd be willing to share the CAD file of the doors? I've been trying to create one as well, but it's been time consuming to say the least.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any chance you'd be willing to share the CAD file of the doors? I've been trying to create one as well, but it's been time consuming to say the least.
Of course i will, send me a PM with your email address, i will send it tomorrow when i get to the office.
I have not worked on the rear doors yet, just the front doors so far.

Coonass77

Installed the tractor supply floor mat special throughout the truck! Cutting these mats down to size is a PIA but worth it!
Looks good!
FYI - I used the same mats for mine. I cut them with a jig saw and drop of oil on the blade every once in a while. Other than the dust, it was fast and easy. I also used a round-over bit on my router to clean up the edges - worked really well too.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter

gilby21

Hey all! Been lurking on the site for awhile trying to learn as much as I can! For many many years I’ve wanted to own a humvee. A neighbor down the road has had one that I’ve always eyed. I told my wife years ago when he decides to sell it, I will buy it. Fast forward to this past august and low and behold, he parks it by his gate for sale. My wife said “no.” :D

I visited with him about it a handful of times and tried like heck to talk myself out it. After driving by it for almost two months, I decided one night to stop on my way home and ask if I could take it for a spin, thinking maybe it’d curb my interest. Turns out it was the most gutless, useless, impractical piece of machinery I’d ever been in….. and I couldn’t have been more excited!!!!!

I slept on it. The next day I hit him with a fairly insulting offer and much to my wife’s dismay, he accepted it!

So, I now own a 1992 M998! I know nothing but I’m crawling my way through it. I did a full oil/filter service. Serviced all four hubs. Greased everything I could find. Drained all the coolant and flushed the system (lot of rust and debri), and Installed a block heater.
I also purchased and installed a digital guard dog ignition system and recently purchased all new gauges and led dash bulbs.

I sandblasted and powder coated a bunch of small parts - ignition switch, light switches, and mirror assemblies. And purchased two new mirrors.

Most recently I took an old surplus grenade my dad had bought my son years ago and fabricated it onto my shifter utilizing the lever and pin apparatus as the push button. Turned out pretty cool!

Anyway, just wanted to say hey. Show off my new project. And say thanks for the absolute wealth of information floating around this site!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks