• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For anyone wondering, a GPK fits perfectly in a 2013 highlander 😎

Getting the whole thing powder coated this week.
What do you think that whole aluminum unit weighs? Bulky but can one person maneuver it? My garage height would not allow permanent installation, but a removable one would be a game changer.

Autonomy_Lost

What do you think that whole aluminum unit weighs? Bulky but can one person maneuver it? My garage height would not allow permanent installation, but a removable one would be a game changer.
Its pretty light, but due to the size and awkwardness I needed my wifes help getting it off the humvee in one piece. With some creativity I'm sure it could be done with one person.

For what its worth, I used 1/4" thick aluminum.

Autonomy_Lost

Sand or etch the surface so paint adheres.
The powder coater is doing the prep, I think they are media blasting it. They did the shield and hatch on my humvee which turned out awesome. I was surprised how well it matches carc.

Edit: just confirmed they are sandblasting as well as using primer before top coating.

Last edited:

CapePrep

I would th
Got 4 wheel alinement done, she drives lovely.
Also changed the temperature switch to 200 degrees to activate the hydraulic fan.
The switch is made in USA, can be used as open or closed switch ( on humvee is open )
View attachment 915039View attachment 915040View attachment 915041
I would think that is a great upgrade. From what I have seen the stock one comes on at 220F(ish). Would rather not go that high. Will order one of these. Please let us know how yours is working. This goes in the crossover pipe??

HUMMER H1

I would th
I would think that is a great upgrade. From what I have seen the stock one comes on at 220F(ish). Would rather not go that high. Will order one of these. Please let us know how yours is working. This goes in the crossover pipe??
I absolutely agree, 220 is very high for it to kick in.
The new sensor works excellent, opens up on point, stays on for maybe 20 seconds and off again. Yes this is the sensor that goes on the crossover,
length and size is correct as well 1/2 inch NPT.

They have all temperature ranges, 165 to 240,
I think 200 is good, I was trying to decide between 205 and 200. I went with 200 because I live in warmer desert climate.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m a believer now. Love the HF HVLP purple spray gun. Sprayed one coat of Behr Premium Plus Flat using color codes found on SS. Borrowed my neighbors 30-gal compressor which was definitely needed over my 6-gal. Will need some touch up on the light spots after it cures a couple of weeks. Very pleased with the outcome so far. The painting portion was super easy compared to the prep. More pics to follow after reassembly.

IMG_2899.jpeg
IMG_2900.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks