• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Feltz shipped me a new wheel before I even knew it was coming. Excellent customer service in my opinion. Hopefully this will fix my issue. I need another set for my M1165 and I will definitely get it from Feltz. I need to install the floor mats in my M1123 today but I can’t seem to be able to walk away from morning coffee! Plug for my BUNN automatic coffee maker! lol 12 years old and still amazing… little off topic but maybe it will help someone else.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Feltz shipped me a new wheel before I even knew it was coming. Excellent customer service in my opinion. Hopefully this will fix my issue. I need another set for my M1165 and I will definitely get it from Feltz. I need to install the floor mats in my M1123 today but I can’t seem to be able to walk away from morning coffee! Plug for my BUNN automatic coffee maker! lol 12 years old and still amazing… little off topic but maybe it will help someone else.
A coffee maker is no better than what you put in it, right? BLACK RIFLE!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got wheel out and I didn’t expect to see this.. I don’t know how it’s supposed to line up. I think the notch in the second pic is for the valve stem. I had to flip tire and it shifted inside the tire. IMG_2131.jpegimage.jpg

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the cat off for ... servicing. No major drama but the bent wrench was necessary for at least one of the flange bolts.

Cat.jpg

Cat2.jpg

Spent two hours trying to get the forward heat shield [#11] back on without luck. I should have taken a picture before I removed it and the manual only tells you to put it on with two clamps [#12].

I tried removing the transmission cross member and the side bracket to the frame to make room, but I can't see how in the world it goes on. Any photos or suggestions welcome!

heatshield.png

heatshield2.jpg

Jinx

Today I did the first oil change to my M1114. Super easy! I love these trucks are basically old school technology. I also replaced the fuel gauge and aired the tires. Still need to Dremel the paddle lock left on the anti theft device located under the dash. It's a Master Lock so it may never come off. LOL

Just a little sound proofing today added closed cell foam between the hood and the window frame made more of a difference than I was expecting, also ordered more Kilmat 50sq/ft this time instead of 25 tho I'm thinking now I should mat the whole underside of the hood and then put CCF over it so I'll probably need more later.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a little sound proofing today added closed cell foam between the hood and the window frame made more of a difference than I was expecting, also ordered more Kilmat 50sq/ft this time instead of 25 tho I'm thinking now I should mat the whole underside of the hood and then put CCF over it so I'll probably need more later.
Please share a few pictures. Sounds interesting.
BDGR

Please share a few pictures. Sounds interesting.
BDGR
here's ya go, if I had to do it again I would have taken each layer of aluminum off and than taken a new razor blade and trimmed the whole thing so it looked like 1 solid peice but with the top aluminum layer off you don't see it with the hood down.

20240318_174613.jpg
20240318_174806.jpg

here is a spot that pushes out a little with the hood locked down.

20240318_162027.jpg

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the cat off for ... servicing. No major drama but the bent wrench was necessary for at least one of the flange bolts.

View attachment 919224

View attachment 919225

Spent two hours trying to get the forward heat shield [#11] back on without luck. I should have taken a picture before I removed it and the manual only tells you to put it on with two clamps [#12].

I tried removing the transmission cross member and the side bracket to the frame to make room, but I can't see how in the world it goes on. Any photos or suggestions welcome!

View attachment 919226

View attachment 919227
IMG_6068.jpeg
IMG_6069.jpeg

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
here's ya go, if I had to do it again I would have taken each layer of aluminum off and than taken a new razor blade and trimmed the whole thing so it looked like 1 solid peice but with the top aluminum layer off you don't see it with the hood down.

View attachment 919361

here is a spot that pushes out a little with the hood locked down.
Many thanks. Where did you order it? Got a link?
BDGR

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also I swapped wheel with the replacement that Feltz sent me. It took 14oz to balance and it rides smooth! I had to take it to Ted Weins to get it balanced because it was so heavy.. can’t say enough good things about Feltz….

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks