• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what are you guys using for a digital rear view "mirror"/monitor?

I'm looking for one for mine but haven't found one I quite like yet - I want a rear-view mirror proxy and don't want a split-screen/parking lines to be constantly on.
I put this on about a year ago and it has been working just fine.

RV Backup Camera HD 1080P 7'' LCD Monitor System Infrared Night Vision Waterproof Metal Rear View Cam Adapter

I kind of like the guidelines so I left them on. I believe you can easily disable them by cutting a wire. I mounted the camera under the receiver hitch. And I mounted the display on the top center of the windshield. I have a helmet top.

There are now bigger units, but like you, I did not want to have deal with a split screen.

I have another, larger, split screen and a side cameras for additional blind spot mitigation.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@frauhansen and @Godspeed131 - what are you guys using for a digital rear view "mirror"/monitor?

I'm looking for one for mine but haven't found one I quite like yet - I want a rear-view mirror proxy and don't want a split-screen/parking lines to be constantly on.
I just went with one off of amazon, https://a.co/d/d85Cn3m. I wanted a unit that had the rearview camera and CarPlay so I can use the phones navigation if need be. The CarPlay linked to the phone works flawlessly so far but I haven’t yet had time to install the rearview camera yet. Spring time farm chores are priority right now.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a new soft top with now quarters given flag from William Welsh (blue ox) his work, as usual is outstanding. He will be re-stitching my previous top and does not want to charge me, even though i explain to him i beat the hell of my truck and use it everyday.

Attachments

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a new soft top with now quarters given flag from William Welsh (blue ox) his work, as usual is outstanding. He will be re-stitching my previous top and does not want to charge me, even though i explain to him i beat the hell of my truck and use it everyday.
Bill does great work. If you ever want a soft slant back to match I use the same material from the same vendor.
BDGR

kurtvk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
VERY Nice !! what brand/model are those seats, and rim-tires?

cahilj

Popped the little hole plugs into underside of the hood, finishing up that project.

Installed what I consider the absolute coolest strap on the entire truck. When you're on a multi hour convoy, you can kill time by counting the number of times it sways back and forth-
20240424_192826.jpg

Rebuilt the pintle, which didn't swivel and was missing the lock pin and chain. Yes, I know the chain and pin I used isn't AMG, but I had them kicking around and they worked. BTW- there's a grease zerk on this thing. Mine hadn't been used since the truck was built-
20240424_192844.jpg

Swapped the front shackles to the rear in order to clean up the front mounts, then reinstall the NOS shackles I got from Austin-
20240424_192915.jpg

My boy keeps having issues with the VIC headsets (both Bose and Racal) staying on his head (he's 9), so I picked up some cheap headset pads to see if it works. Anyone ever seen a smaller size headset adapted to the VIC?
20240424_192946.jpg

He's also been begging for a cupholder. These were the most heavy duty I could find in the style I wanted. 3/16 powdercoated steel. Not sure on mounting yet-
20240424_193021.jpg

This truck came with the driver seat out of a ECV for whatever reason. It's a bit too tall for me. Will someone with an A0,A1,A2 measure their seat mount to see how it differs from the energy absorbing one?
20240424_193158.jpg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Popped the little hole plugs into underside of the hood, finishing up that project.

Installed what I consider the absolute coolest strap on the entire truck. When you're on a multi hour convoy, you can kill time by counting the number of times it sways back and forth-
View attachment 921835

Rebuilt the pintle, which didn't swivel and was missing the lock pin and chain. Yes, I know the chain and pin I used isn't AMG, but I had them kicking around and they worked. BTW- there's a grease zerk on this thing. Mine hadn't been used since the truck was built-
View attachment 921836

Swapped the front shackles to the rear in order to clean up the front mounts, then reinstall the NOS shackles I got from Austin-
View attachment 921837

My boy keeps having issues with the VIC headsets (both Bose and Racal) staying on his head (he's 9), so I picked up some cheap headset pads to see if it works. Anyone ever seen a smaller size headset adapted to the VIC?
View attachment 921838

He's also been begging for a cupholder. These were the most heavy duty I could find in the style I wanted. 3/16 powdercoated steel. Not sure on mounting yet-
View attachment 921839

This truck came with the driver seat out of a ECV for whatever reason. It's a bit too tall for me. Will someone with an A0,A1,A2 measure their seat mount to see how it differs from the energy absorbing one?
View attachment 921840
Where did you get the cup holders?
Also I wonder if you can't just remove the energy absorbing mount??

cahilj

Where did you get the cup holders?
Also I wonder if you can't just remove the energy absorbing mount??
https://asktractormike.com/product/tractor-or-zero-turn-heavy-duty-cup-holder/

Stumbled on it just searching around.

I don't think I can just take the mount out. The bolt pattern is different from the sliders to the seat. There might be another set of holes though. I have considered bending a mount similar to the A0 one, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm too busy driving it to want the seat out for a while :D

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Downloaded all the TM’s from the top of this forum.

Wow. Takes time.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks