• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what are you guys using for a digital rear view "mirror"/monitor?

I'm looking for one for mine but haven't found one I quite like yet - I want a rear-view mirror proxy and don't want a split-screen/parking lines to be constantly on.
I put this on about a year ago and it has been working just fine.

RV Backup Camera HD 1080P 7'' LCD Monitor System Infrared Night Vision Waterproof Metal Rear View Cam Adapter

I kind of like the guidelines so I left them on. I believe you can easily disable them by cutting a wire. I mounted the camera under the receiver hitch. And I mounted the display on the top center of the windshield. I have a helmet top.

There are now bigger units, but like you, I did not want to have deal with a split screen.

I have another, larger, split screen and a side cameras for additional blind spot mitigation.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@frauhansen and @Godspeed131 - what are you guys using for a digital rear view "mirror"/monitor?

I'm looking for one for mine but haven't found one I quite like yet - I want a rear-view mirror proxy and don't want a split-screen/parking lines to be constantly on.
I just went with one off of amazon, https://a.co/d/d85Cn3m. I wanted a unit that had the rearview camera and CarPlay so I can use the phones navigation if need be. The CarPlay linked to the phone works flawlessly so far but I haven’t yet had time to install the rearview camera yet. Spring time farm chores are priority right now.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a new soft top with now quarters given flag from William Welsh (blue ox) his work, as usual is outstanding. He will be re-stitching my previous top and does not want to charge me, even though i explain to him i beat the hell of my truck and use it everyday.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks