• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Wire Fox

Picked up a Savi ST-654-031. Snaps right into the bracket that came on my HMMWV for RFID tracking. Tag seems to power up correctly, but I currently have no way to test it as I cannot find any interface software. It is amusing when I plug it into my computer, as it registers as "DoD Active RFID Transponder" but can't locate any actual useable driver...almost seems like a great prank to play on the paranoid guy at work to assure him that the government IS spying on him.

Wire Fox

View attachment 665796 Almost ready to paint these two!
I'm still a HMMWV noob, but I haven't yet seen that style of mirror on one. I thought that was for an MRAP when I saw a few floating around...are those mirrors covered in any TM or otherwise just have an NSN or P/N for them?

*EDIT*....because that's not a HMMWV. :p I didn't even look at the shape of the hood, windshield, or door before posting. So the better question...what is the mirror attached to?

Last edited:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All about the accessories today. Put in my 4 man VIC-1 system and a DC/AC inverter that was designed for the Humvee. 24 volt and plugs into the slave port. Puts out 1800 watts.

Also hooked up the PLGR just for looks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Can you post some pics of the mountings of all of that. I'm not familiar with the PLGR? That looks like something I need......

avlon01

Can you post some pics of the mountings of all of that. I'm not familiar with the PLGR? That looks like something I need......
The PLGR is a big ass GPS unit. Specifically the AN/PSN-11 Precision Lightweight GPS Receiver.

The mount is two parts. The first is a metal bracket that attached to the radio mount. Second is a plastic holder for the PLGR. Both on eBay.

The PLGR needs a AA battery adaptor to make it work. Mine works perfectly and passengers love to play with it. I found the adaptor on eBay.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

infidel got me

Wire fox- that is a mrap mirror mounted on my 5 ton. I downloaded the pictures under paint. The 5 ton picture is an old one, but I couldn't delete it once it came up. Sorry for any confusion.

PhrostyPhoenix

Hellos guys and girls,
Long time listener, first time caller here.

I just bought my first HMMWV and just waiting for delivery from GP. Its got lots to get fixed on her but i promise ill post em as i get them done. Anyone in the phoenix area with one that i can look over your shoulder on and see what i'm missing? Again thanks everyone for the GREAT posts i'm learning quick. Motor On!

Gear Report

Haven't been updating the progress on the Project Humvee Battlewagon like I should... Got busy getting ready for SHOT Show, then the crush post SHOT follow-up. Lining up a bunch of upgrade project reviews with companies we met at SHOT.
http://gear-report.com/category/humvee
HMMWV 24 Volt LED Headlights upgrade (26).jpg
IMG_20170207_155409235.jpg
Our LED headlights review has been a rather popular upgrade on the FB groups. :)
Just posted a rear-view mirror install video.
Installed Oregon Aero seats a while ago.

Posted a DIY inexpensive rifle barrel clamp a while ago...
I'll try to do a better job remembering to post here as well. :)
Expect to see in the next few months:
-Bumpers
-Jack rails
-hood mounted tool kit
-maybe a swing arm mounted gun mount
-Blac-Rac secure firearms storage (one arrived, the stand-up mounting kit and second mount should be here any day)
-LizardSkin sound and heat deadening coatings (arrived, likely done within a month
-"Super high power radio" from a big comms brand
-Interior and exterior LED lighting from a big lighting brand
-Various electronics, camera & weapons mounts from a big mount brand
-Converting from 2 man troop carrier to 4 man config after the Lizard Skin is applied and we track down all of the hardware (C pillar, side rails, rear door hinges, etc.)
-and a bunch of smaller projects

Another Ahab

Haven't been updating the progress on the Project Humvee Battlewagon like I should...
-Bumpers
-Jack rails
-hood mounted tool kit
-Blac-Rac secure firearms storage (one arrived, the stand-up mounting kit and second mount should be here any day)
-LizardSkin sound and heat deadening coatings (arrived, likely done within a month
-Converting from 2 man troop carrier to 4 man config after the Lizard Skin is applied and we track down all of the hardware (C pillar, side rails, rear door hinges, etc.)

:drool:

ryanruck

Haven't been updating the progress on the Project Humvee Battlewagon like I should... Got busy getting ready for SHOT Show, then the crush post SHOT follow-up. Lining up a bunch of upgrade project reviews with companies we met at SHOT.
http://gear-report.com/category/humvee
View attachment 666011
View attachment 666012
Our LED headlights review has been a rather popular upgrade on the FB groups. :)
Just posted a rear-view mirror install video.
Installed Oregon Aero seats a while ago.

Posted a DIY inexpensive rifle barrel clamp a while ago...
I'll try to do a better job remembering to post here as well. :)
-Bumpers
-Jack rails
-hood mounted tool kit
Awesome! I heard SHOT was pretty good this year! I need to get out to it myself some time. Have been wanting to attend for a while. Maybe next year...

As for the part in red, check out Breton Industries. Friend of mine who's on here just ordered their Camo kit to convert his 2 door. No need to hunt down all of the individual parts. Kit includes just about everything except rear seat belts and anchors which are certainly easy enough to find. Kit was $2,200 with free freight shipping (they do prefer shipping to a business address).

Looking forward to the updates on the jack rails, swing arm, and hood mounted tool kit!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks