• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally restoring the M37

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rrr.JPGsss.JPGttt.JPGuuu.JPG
Air cleaner, slave cable, battery cover, and more fluids added. Ordered an adapter for my brake bleeder. Hopefully brakes and running in next 2 weeks!

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck is just begging for some natural sun light and magazine photographers. I'm sure you've got a plan but the truck, the story, the folks behind the build, truly need a monumental reveal. It's news worthy.

There are a few boys up here with old M37's that just spent a week at the restoration school at Wetaskiwin museum. Something about Plowboy sending them a link to a thread on an M37 that sets the bar to a new level when it comes to restoration. The ol' boys are going to school to bump the skill set and you can take some credit for that.

Fantastic build, thanks so much for sharing it right to the end where we all get to drive it. :wink:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a rough week! Coolant in---then leaks everywhere. :sad: Got that down to a super small drip that I can't pinpoint yet. Added Brake fluid, adjusted rear brakes, waiting for my power bleeder adapter for the Chevy master Cylinder. (should be here tomorrow) Adjusted the transfer case shift levers, clutch, throttle, and brake pedal-then everything locked up!:shock: Transmission rearward doesn't move. After disconnecting a lot of stuff, trans top cover was put together wrong. Ordered a NOS one which should be here Monday. Exhaust is being sandblasted, should be done tomorrow. The new hope is; running/driving Wednesday!!!!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we have an exhaust system and brakes! Plus, the transmission top cover arrived tonight! :naner:
exh1.JPGexh2.JPG

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed a small leak with the brake light switch sensor and replaced the transmission top cover. Tomorrow I need to hook up the brake pedal spring and add gas; then try to start!! :beer:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got it started right before Christmas break at the school. We go back Wednesday. Ordered a master brake kit for the M38, that is next!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the rebuilt carburetor had a accelerator pump problem. Got its warrantied replacement in today! (along with a M38 carb)
carb.JPG

TGP (IL)

Care to share who rebuilt them?

My fingers and eyes are getting to the point where rebuilding my own is getting to
Be a problem.
Thx.
Tom

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Care to share who rebuilt them?

My fingers and eyes are getting to the point where rebuilding my own is getting to
Be a problem.
Thx.
Tom
I don't know who exactly rebuilds them, but they came from Midwest Military. They look great. As soon as I called about the problem they knew exactly what was the matter and said they would deal with the warranty and I had these within a couple days. Very happy with their service!

eagle4g63

Just read through your entire thread...all I can say is WOW!!

I wanted to "restore" mine, but now that I read what all you did....I think I have to plan a lot better on what I was thinking.

Absolutely amazing truck. Thanks for sharing the detailed journey!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks